Angina questionRegister Today!
- by Elspeth Nov 5, '03I hope this isn't a silly question: how do you pronounce angina? Do you say "ann GI (long I) na" or "ANN guh nuh" ???? Or some other way? Thanks.
- 9,638 Views
- Nov 5, '03 by toronto rnwe pronounce it an gi (long i) a here
- Nov 5, '03 by efiebke:chuckle
I hear it pronounced both ways all the time!
- Nov 6, '03 by ElspethThanks. I live in the south and sometimes the southern accents have a way of twisting words around(!). Don't you know I teach a class on ANN- GI- NA/ s/sx of MI so wanted to make sure I was saying it right. (I've been pronouncing both ways to make everyone happy, lol)
Actually, with patients, I end up just saying good old fashioned CHEST PAIN. Works for me
- Nov 6, '03 by gwenithSince we Australians don't have an accent I can say with authority that it is Ann-jeye-nah :roll
- Dec 16, '03 by mittelsDepends on were you live. Both ways are correct, just like I say tamata you say tomato
- Oct 9, '10 by daaronWebster's dictionary lists both as correct.