BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - Page 47Register Today!
- Nov 8, '12 by blondie85Yes, this was my first time.... But I am older(26) and I'm married, I have a full degree and lots of different volunteer experience says well as work and travel.
- Nov 8, '12 by eoatesIt wasn't my first time applying, the first time I only had around 35 credits and hardly any of the libs.
- Nov 8, '12 by BulmaBriefsI would like to say congratulations to all you who have successfully been accepted to BCIT's nursing program for January. It was indeed a VERY competitive program but now the wait is FINALLY over. This has been my first time applying and I'm happy to know that I made it this far and I shall recompete for August and til' then I will make my application stronger and will have more credits.
To those who haven't been offered a seat, don't give up hope. Keep applying, stay positive and I would encourage you to call BCIT's nursing department and ask them how to strengthen your application.
To those who are on the holdlist, but aren't at the top, don't give up hope either. Try and recompete because you never know, you might just get accepted for August or deferred for January 2014.
Good luck to everyone else! Please do keep us posted on how your nursing experience goes
As for myself....I have to wait allllll over again. *sigh* But I am not alone and as of right now, I have a ton of things to get done so it's all good. I'm not upset or anything because if you think about it, things happen for a reason and life is too short to get upset or stressed over things. Our time will come, it's just a matter of patience which we've learnt a lot during this past year.
By the way, does anyone know when August applicants will be shortlisted, lol? Looks like we need to make another thread!
- Nov 8, '12 by vana_This was my 2nd time applying and I'm 24 with a BSc in Psychology. The first time around I wasn't even lucky enough to be short listed, I got a Non Offer so consider yourselves lucky that you did get short listed!Also the BCIT Nursing department is amazing on telling you how you'll need to strengthen your application, so don't stress too much just reapply.If you really want to be in the program at BCIT I would suggest taking the electives such as LIBS 7001 & 7002. I have all the electives done besides those two which I'm taking right now. It just shows them that you're serious especially if you have to write a letter of intent when you reapply.Well I'm super relieved that I will be starting in August so ill see the other August people then as well!!
- Nov 8, '12 by careubcI looked that up already BulmaBriefs, haha, I'm all over it already. August intakes in the past got shortlisted on April 4th and accepted on April 25-28th.
- Nov 8, '12 by animalhandlerIt was my first time applying.
- Nov 8, '12 by BulmaBriefsThat's not too bad actually, it's only 5 months away at least we won't hear a month before the start of the program. Thanks for the info care ubc. I'll be making a thread right now for August's intake so we can all chitty chat there lol.
Animalhandler, that's awesome you got accepted on your first try
- Nov 8, '12 by iheartpurpleIt's my first time applying to BCIT. I have applied to UBC twice in the past and was told no the first time, both times.
I've requested to be apart of the FB group just in case i do get in for this jan if that is ok?
- Nov 8, '12 by SIMBURGERHey everyone,
I started a "BCIT August 2013 applicants" forum.
It was my first time applying to BCIT as well, I had over 200+ volunteer hours at Surrey Memorial hospital, plus more volunteer and leadership work (which I included in my resume), applied with 109 credits at SFU, and had one of by libs courses completed, as well as my psych requirements. Also, I don't know how much high school grades play a part, but I had chemistry 12 (96%), math 12 (86%), bio 12 (88%) Despite the credentials, I still got wait-listed!
I'm surprised at how competitive this program is, but I know it is worth re-applying to and that the more post-secondary credits the better. Good luck to you all, and I can't wait to meet the August 2013 intake
- Nov 8, '12 by blondie85Of course it's okay!