BCIT August 2013 ApplicantsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on BCIT August 2013 Applicants in Canada Nursing Programs, part of Nursing in Canada ... Hello future nurses, I am so excited to be starting nursing at BCIT in August! For future...by SIMBURGER Nov 8, '12Hello future nurses,
I am so excited to be starting nursing at BCIT in August!
For future applicants: To have a strong application make sure you have work experience, volunteer experience (preferrably healthcare), as well as liberal arts courses - my Psyc 241 at SFU transferred over as a libs course and I will find out if any other courses of mine transfer over once I send them an updated transcript.
I am going to be going in with a completed BSc in Kinesiology and Psychology, but a full degree is not necessary, just at least 60 credits to be competitive!
Anyone else defer to August?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796572©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 45,594 Views
- Nov 8, '12 by BulmaBriefsHello everyone,
This thread is for applicants who have applied for January's 2013 intake but haven't been deffered or offered a seat and will have to recompete again for the next intake. Also, welcome to those who are aplpying to August's intake, we will keep in touch through this thread and post any information in regards to our applications, deadlines and more info. on the nursing program, etc.
This will be my second time reapplying so I'm hoping that the third time will be a charm.
Good luck to you all for this intake!
- Nov 8, '12 by cat5hello!
I have been creeping your January thread in order to see how to properly compete! I have applied for August 2013 and it is my first time applying. So excited we have something going now!
- Nov 8, '12 by cat5I also don't understand how so many people got offered a seat for August. I thought you had to re compete for this program every time and if someone is better than you the next time theyre better. Did anyone ask an advisor about this?
- Nov 8, '12 by SIMBURGERI didn't ask an advisor about it, but those who were really close to making the cut are wait-listed with good standing and are guaranteed a spot next intake if they do not get a spot in the intake they applied for.
Also, some people that have been accepted into the January intake have deferred to August.
- Nov 8, '12 by sirIThreads merged.
- Nov 13, '12 by ProgressorI'll be starting the BCIT program in August as well! I was accepted into the January intake, but then decided to defer. Good luck to all those who are applying. I know how brutal the waiting can be
- Nov 13, '12 by cat5Do you mind sharing what you applied with? I am really grateful that you are taking the time to help future applicants!
- Nov 15, '12 by SIMBURGERHi,
I can't remember my exact GPA at the time of applying, but I'm assuming it was around 2.8 at SFU. I did show a lot of improvement after my 2nd year though (my first two years were HORRIBLE, my GPA is still suffering from them), my grades ranged from B's - A's.
I also had human anatomy courses done!
- Nov 15, '12 by SIMBURGERSFU is on a 4.33 scale though, I don't know what scale BCIT uses!