CRNE June 2012 - Page 15Register Today!
- Jul 9, '12 by Sister of Eluria RNCARNA has not received the results as of this morning - just a quick update for Alberta writers.
- Jul 9, '12 by carebear89I live in Ontario and I wrote the June 2012 CRNE and still nothing, I must say that the waiting period is brutal. All I think about is that exam and how horrible I feel I did. I studied really long and hard for that exam and I do not feel like anything in particular prepared me for answering those questions. I feel that the entire exam was a lot of guessing, hoping and praying that the right answer was selected. Its really sad that after 4 years of university all of our careers and abilities to legally work as a Registered Nurse are based on one exam.
Also congrats to the person who finished the exam in 1.5 hours but thats insane it took me around 3 hours and 45 minutes and even then I was angry because I did not have time to go through the exam a second time.Last edit by carebear89 on Jul 9, '12
- Jul 9, '12 by abnurse1Carebear,
I feel the exact same way. I studied so hard for that exam...it seemed like there was always 2 answers and you had to just hope for the best when you picked one. A lot of people in my class cried coming out of that exam and the fact that we have to wait an eternity to find out our results is making a lot of people sick. I keep running through all the questions that I can remember trying to figure out how many I got wrong. Even if I have to write that exam again I have no clue what I would do differently because I was an A student through out the 4 years and I studied for this exam the best I could.
Best of luck to all of us, hopefully the day will come soon
- Jul 9, '12 by prttytobyAbnurse1,I have the same feeling here. After working more than ten years in various departments and teaching in clinical. Some of the questions I could not figure out.I am not sure those new graduates.I agree that some of the questions are difficult for me because the culture, policy difference between here and my homeland..... I had only 30 minutes left in the end of the exam. I tried to change some answers, but then I put them back to the original answers as I was not sure it was right or not. Exactly like you said, gave me another six to eight weeks to study again, I won't guarantee I will make any difference to this exam. Just hope my exam results will be better than I thought. Best wishes to all those who are waiting for their results anxiously there.
- Jul 9, '12 by FionaAQuote from Sister of Eluria RNHow did you find that out? I'm in Ontario so I wonder if CNO has received the results? I thought they were all mailed out already.. didn't know they had to go through the province's nursing regulatory body!CARNA has not received the results as of this morning - just a quick update for Alberta writers.
- Jul 9, '12 by carebear89I am not sure how it works but I am well aware that PEI has their results already and have had them mailed out. It's really sad that we all spend a lot of money to be in school and at the end of the day the University has nothing to do with the examination. Yes I am proud to say I survived the nursing program and graduated from an accredited University but at the same time my degree means nothing without this exam. I mean truly I went to school to be able to be a Registered Nurse and actually practice nursing, not hold a degree that is worthless. I must say though that I heard about many people not being able to finish the exam as their time had run out and had to leave questions blank. I also feel for those whom English is not their first language because I found that exam extremely tough. I believe that 4 hours is just not enough for 200 MCQ, there should be atleast another half hour to an hour added so that people have time to actually go through their exam and not have to feel rushed to get through the questions.
Also I have had my share of crying about this exam and really they are making us wait far too long for results. I have had sleepless nights and the nights I do get to sleep I have night mares about failing the exam. I do not know whats in store for me but I am wishing and hoping that everyone passed because this program was not an easy one, nor was studying and writing this exam.
Good luck to all.
- Jul 9, '12 by adikagain05i am from manitoba and the results are out... my friend got her results this morning. iam still waiting for the mailman though for my results. got my fingers crossed!
- Jul 9, '12 by petethecanuckQuote from FionaAYeah, I believe the results are mailed to your provincial college and then they in turn mail the results to you.How did you find that out? I'm in Ontario so I wonder if CNO has received the results? I thought they were all mailed out already.. didn't know they had to go through the province's nursing regulatory body!
@ Carebear I hear you. I did the accelerated track at the U of C and my training totally didn't prepare me for our board exam. In prepping for the exam I read through every thread/post on Allnurses about the CRNE and complied a list of posted tips, advice, resources etc. Had I not done that, I would've been SOL. Finished in 3 hrs 15 min including a 2nd read through and 2 bathroom breaks.
Best of luck to everyone!Last edit by petethecanuck on Jul 9, '12 : Reason: edit : added
- Jul 9, '12 by Sister of Eluria RNI phoned my provincial authority to ask if they had received them yet. I was of the impression that the results are sent to the provincial nursing authorities and then mailed out to those who wrote. Please correct me if I'm wrong.