Before the Morning (Failed CRNE three times. what now?)Register Today!
This is a discussion on Before the Morning (Failed CRNE three times. what now?) in Canada CRNE / CPNRE Nursing Exams, part of Nursing in Canada ... I just received a bad news. My nursing career is over. Yes, I am no longer one of you, but I feel a...by yahy Mar 9, '10I just received a bad news. My nursing career is over. Yes, I am no longer one of you, but I feel a need to share my story. I have failed the CRNE for the third time and honestly, I don't know what is there left for me. I know things happen for a reason. sometimes, i just think that GOD is being so unfair. Throughout my nursing school, all i did was to do my best both theory and clinical. I have received praises being a "very good" Graduate Nurse. But then again, all has to end with an examination that I can't seem to pass even though I have put my thoughts and heart on preparing for it. At some point, I think of myself as a dumb individual, up for no good. If nursing was not meant for me, why did HE made it possible for me to even complete my Degree Program? I have so many questions to GOD right now. I have prayed hard for that moment of finally receiving a letter with the word "PASS" on it, but instead a phone call saying I have failed on my third attempt and had to wait for a letter containing my options.
Nursing Has always been my dream and I can't see myself pursuing other career in life. I don't think I can handle another 4 years of schooling or even the strength to even try to put my life back on track. I know that God has a reason for why I'm going through this test right now (one I consider the hardest test in my life, so far), and probably there is more to come. I have so much faith in him that in spite it all, I still look forward to that one morning of waking up from my sleep and the pain, the sadness, the sufferings are over. I know that HE works in ways unimaginable. I know that he hears my prayer and in his own time he'll grant those prayers. But for now, all I needed is some sort of encouragement from you, whoever you are reading this post right now.
I still thank GOD because I have my life, I am breathing, I can still appreciate all the good things he had created. As long as there is tomorrow, I will continue to fight a good fight!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=461067©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 62,196 Views
- Mar 9, '10 by PhlavyahI feel for you, I really do, but don't ever judge who you are, your character, or even your intelligence level on the fact that you have failed the CRNE. Maybe you have other things in your life that are taking up your mind, maybe your talent is still uncovered... Maybe you have other things that you can do in the health care field. Maybe you are meant to touch peoples' lives in other ways. You can ask these questions and beat yourself up a million times, but it won't take you any further. Objectively, you said you are waiting for a letter with your options. There's a light at the end of the tunnel right there. Seems like this is the one moment you will need your faith the most, so don't despair and don't lose your faith... God took you there, and HE will see you through it.
- Mar 9, '10 by yahyQuote from Phlavyahthank you for your kind words... meant a lot to me!I feel for you, I really do, but don't ever judge who you are, your character, or even your intelligence level on the fact that you have failed the CRNE. Maybe you have other things in your life that are taking up your mind, maybe your talent is still uncovered... Maybe you have other things that you can do in the health care field. Maybe you are meant to touch peoples' lives in other ways. You can ask these questions and beat yourself up a million times, but it won't take you any further. Objectively, you said you are waiting for a letter with your options. There's a light at the end of the tunnel right there. Seems like this is the one moment you will need your faith the most, so don't despair and don't lose your faith... God took you there, and HE will see you through it.
- Mar 9, '10 by Carmela5Hang in there. My prayers are with you.
- Mar 9, '10 by teacher08I'll pray for God to reveal His purpose in your life. Also, remember His purpose may still be for you to become a Nurse however to appreciate all that He has granted throughout your education and to take your future skills and knowledge to assist others via patient care, legislature, and/or education. The road may seem difficult, challenging and unfair however, just know you WILL reach your destiny and what a wonderful journey it is (presently) , was (past), and will be (VERY NEAR futue)...... an astounding and rewarding career ahead of you.
Also, sometimes tests are placed in our path because God has so much more in store for us than we can ever imagine therefore (as I mentioned above) He want us to not take advantage of success by believing it was through "our" doing...it was all "His" hand and favor upon us. Take a deep breath, maintain your faith, fast, pray and continue to praise God for your RN Licensure. Yes, you can and you WILL accomplish this goal. Best wishes and an abundant life I pray for you and your family....future RN.Last edit by teacher08 on Mar 9, '10 : Reason: grammar
- Mar 9, '10 by CFitzRNI wish I could reach through here and give you a hug. It sounds like you could use one.
First, let me say that you didn't do all that work for nothing. There isn't a doubt in my mind that you were supposed to go through nursing school. Maybe there was something you were supposed to learn or to know, and nursing school was the only way to learn it? He works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose! You love Him. You believe in Him. And he has promised to make good come out of bad. I've seen it happen a million times. It's possible that being a nurse is not what he had planned for you, yet nursing school WAS. You have to believe it was not in vain. Your faith will be the difference between falling apart because of this, and trusting that the Almighty Creator of Earth, Sea and Sky has a plan for you, and He is leading you to it! Offer up your sufferings and hardships for the good of others - it is one of the most selfless and faithful acts you could commit. I will be praying for you - that He will fill you with His peace that surpasses all understanding whilst leading you on the journey he has had planned for you all along.
Ne laissez pas votre cœur ne se trouble, et ne perdez pas espoir! (that is the extent of my knowledge from 4 years of french class...) :redpinkhe
- Mar 9, '10 by rhymeswithlibrarianQuote from yahyWait a minute... I don't think you have to do nursing school all over again to have another chance! IIRC, you do have to do some kind of formal education before trying again, but I think it's more along the lines of a "refresher course". These kind of courses are also for internationally educated nurses, and nurses returning to the profession after a long hiatus.
Nursing Has always been my dream and I can't see myself pursuing other career in life. I don't think I can handle another 4 years of schooling ...
I just looked at the CNO website and didn't find details after a few minutes search, but maybe you'll find it with more searching... you could also look at the community colleges in your area and see if they have something that sounds on target. Anyway, don't assume you have no options until you get that letter about your options! And good luck to you!
- Mar 9, '10 by rhymeswithlibrarianAs an example, look at this program at George Brown College (Toronto); it sounds like one of the purposes of the certificate is to provide further education for people who have had trouble with the CRNE. If you're not from the GTA, look for something similar in the colleges in your area.
- Mar 9, '10 by yahyI currently living here in Alberta. You guys are right in so many ways. I have yet a letter to receive regarding what my options are. But right now, all i could give is my gratitude to you guys! you know, I can't share this with my parents and friends as I'm scared that people will judge me. Aside from God, I am so glad that there are people ready to listen and give words of encouragement... Whenever I pray, I always tell him "I'm listening", and no doubt He is speaking to me through you. Thank you, you guys! I appreciate all the prayers and encouragement.
- Mar 9, '10 by CFitzRNOops, I assumed you were in Quebec (hence, the french). My bad.