UCSF NEW GRAD RN Training Program!! 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- May 21, '12 by healthcare4lifeAfter submitting the app, when you guys review your application does it have both "Yes" and "No" checked for the application questionnaire portion? It does for me for each question and I swear I only checked one box lol.
- May 21, '12 by mihaSKHi healthcare4life,
I went back to my application and I had the same thing. Some of the questions had both Yes and No checked for the application questionnaire. I know I checked only one answer for each.
- May 21, '12 by starghadeeris "focused training/internship" the same as a preceptorship? i've never heard of that term before.
- May 21, '12 by kv07That application process was frustrating. It did keep logging me out too.
Did anyone feel like the application process was too easy? Haha. And are we suppose to receive a long questionnaire type survey at the end. I currently graduated (last Saturday) and so I was not able to put anything down for the license part...I have my AHA BLS but that was not an option to put down and I won't be taking my NRP until next week so I was not able to put that down as well. I hope leaving that section empty won't hurt my chances.
Also, I have two resumes saved on there (would like to delete one off) but there is no option to?
I just called and talked to HR for those who are having the same problem as I am. She told me don't worry about not putting anything down for the license part if you are a new grad (like me) and it won't hurt your chances. Also, she was able to look up my resume for me and only one showed up for her, even though for me...two showed up when I went back to look at my application; so it shouldn't be a problem....
Good luck to everyone.Last edit by kv07 on May 21, '12
- May 21, '12 by jenn3999Did anyone attach a cover letter to their application? Also, for general work experience, did anyone put their clinical rotations as "work" ?
- May 21, '12 by tashacorinneI am having some serious issues with this webpage.
As for this stuff:
What training program did you apply for? Transitional Care
What unit did you precept on? Neurotrauma ICU, CVICU, and a surgical unit
When did you graduate? May 2001 :\
Any RN experience already? Volunteering at a free clinic.
jenn3999 - I'm not putting my clinical rotations as work because unfortunately it isn't really work. So I made sure that the rotations I wanted to highlight were in my resume. Also, in the 'work' space I put down a preceptorship (which wasn't connected to my college, it was external) and all my volunteer experience.
- May 24, '12 by WildcatRN12I e-mailed HR and asked them about why two boxes were checked when I knew I checked only one and they said that the system does that when you go to view your submitted application because the system is "masking" the correct answer they were looking for. Kind of confusing.....
I applied for Intensive Care Nursery, PICU, and Peds Oncology
I precepted in a NICU
I graduated May 2012!
- May 26, '12 by malpal89Hey guys so is there a questionnaire I fill out after submission of the application? I applied the day it opened but I didn't see anything and it didn't redirect me.
- May 26, '12 by michelichka914Quote from malpal89There was no extra questionnaire. There was a small survey at the end of application but that was all. Good luck!Hey guys so is there a questionnaire I fill out after submission of the application? I applied the day it opened but I didn't see anything and it didn't redirect me.
- May 30, '12 by CaliRN2010tashacorinne, i noticed you said you graduated "may 2001." just wanted to let you know that the ucsf application said that applicants cannot have graduated "[color=#3c3c3c]earlier than may, 2011." that's a bummer for me too because i graduated may 2010 and still haven't found a nursing job.