UCLA-new grad super user - Page 9Register Today!
- Nov 18, '12 by cstarkQuote from DlibHey Dlib, some advice on Tuesday traffic...Just a few questions:
-Anyone attending the new hire orientation on Tues afternoon?
-I was planning on going to Fresno immediately afterwards (~4:30ish), now this is probably a silly question, but how bad will traffic be taking 405 to 5 at that time? Should I wait it out or just trudge through it?
-What all info do you get at the new hire session?
-And I've been searching Uloop and craigslist for cheap places to stay through march but it doesn't look like there is much in the way of inexpensive housing (I'm hoping for <$500/mo), anyone have any recommendations or know of anyone that needs a roommate or temp sublet?
Thank you and if I don't see you at orientation, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
It will be crazy!!! I'm from LA and the 405N to 5N at 4:30 is VERY slow any weeknight. However, it is also the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so there will be even more traffic. The upside is that your orientation may be quicker and you may be done as early as 3:30 (traffic will still be bad at this time, but not as bad).
Our new hire session was all paperwork (tax forms, etc). They've done a lot of sessions now though so hopefully they will be even more efficient and should know answers to everyone's questions. They sent everyone (except myself and one other person) an email detailing all the forms you should fill out beforehand and to bring 2 forms of ID. If you haven't gotten that email, contact HR tomorrow. Since I didn't have what I needed, I had to stay late and do my HIPPA quiz, etc. after everyone else went home.
Cheap LA housing is non-existent. If you don't mind sharing a room you may find something in your price range in Westwood, probably with a UCLA undergrad. Otherwise, I suggest looking in the Valley, Sherman Oaks is not too bad, and you can take the 405 or Sepulveda pass over the hill (I lived there for awhile and paid $600 for my own room in a house, and there may be better deals then that).
Hope that helps! Wish I knew some people looking for roommates.
- Nov 21, '12 by lindap10I am definitely open to this, however, I am not sure if the varying schedules will allow for it. What areas were you interested in being placed in?
- Nov 21, '12 by lindap10I am looking as well, but more for overnights. I'm sure there are others in your position as well. I saw on craigslist someone renting out their living room for $525.
Hopefully, we'll have an official superuser page so we can all discuss pertinent issues such as this!
- Nov 22, '12 by RN12PTLDoes anyone know when or where the orientation is on Monday? I was told they would email us and let us know before then..but not sure if that's going to happen with the thanksgiving holiday :/
- Nov 23, '12 by peacepleaseI believe it's in the NRB (Neuroscience Research Building) Auditorium. I was just emailed this info late tonight.
- Nov 26, '12 by lindap10I got placed there too (one of my preferences as well), but starting a week later
- Nov 30, '12 by olivarriHi Everyone who was hired for the SuperUsers position: I was wondering if anyone has this schedule or any part of my schedule and is from the San Fernando Valley/Burbank area for a carpool? Please let me know thanks! Email: email@example.com
INP300 - General Nurses I show dates Total hours: 8 Registration complete Date Location Sessions Spaces Left Status Top of Form
12/01/2012 08:00 to 17:00
Bottom of Form
Train Station - WW 01 of 1 0 / 12 Enrolled INP305 - General Nurses II show dates Total hours: 8 Registration complete Date Location Sessions Spaces Left Status Top of Form
12/08/2012 08:00 to 17:00
Bottom of Form
The Depot Training Center 01 of 1 0 / 18 Enrolled INP500 - Inpatient General Physicians I - Providers show dates Total hours: 4 Registration complete Date Location Sessions Spaces Left Status Top of Form
12/15/2012 08:00 to 12:00
Bottom of Form
Michigan Operations Center (MOC) 01 of 1 1 / 18 Enrolled INP505 - Inpatient General Physicians II - Providers show dates Total hours: 4 Registration complete Date Location Sessions Spaces Left Status Top of Form
12/15/2012 13:00 to 17:00
Bottom of Form
Michigan Operations Center (MOC) 01 of 1 0 / 18 Enrolled
- Nov 30, '12 by NurseDippinDotsThanks for the tips! Does anyone else have orientation scheduled for 1:30 on Mon Dec 3rd? I noticed in the email with my class schedule. Looking forward to working with all of you!
- Feb 7 by matthewandrewNEW THREAD FOR UCLA NEW GRAD 2013!!!
- May 4 by Sophia, RNHello every one,
Just curious how many of us were SU and New grads and got a spot in the NG program at UCLA? Seems like all the SU i know got rejected, including myself