UCLA hiring processRegister Today!
- by loveit Oct 3, '12hi all,
i am currently looking for a job down in SoCal, and my number 1 choice is UCLA, and probably next is cedars then kaiser. any more suggestions? i have not heard from any of these hospitals. I have sent multiple applications to all of them but still, i have not received any interview notification or of some sort.
Also, I check my application status at the UCLA website and it says "online assessment pending" then day after it said "routed to interviewing supervisor", then i checked again it now says "online assessment pending". i have no idea what these statuses. can anyone answer me please?thanks. by the way, i am from seattle and i am planning to move to Cali with my hubby.thanks all!
- Oct 5, '12 by SheilaORNI'm in the same boat here, live in TX applied to one position in aug next day-not selected, so in sep I applied again- Santa Monica, been saying routed to the interviewing supervisor for few wks now. I'm reluctant to Cedars or Kaiser at the moment hoping to get to UCLA if not then will start applying to other hospitals. Good luck to you.
- Oct 5, '12 by itsnoworneverHave you tried calling HR? Just did an interview with the nurse recruiter and she is super nice! There are about 5 or 6 of them. All really nice
- Oct 6, '12 by loveitit seems like the competition in cali is tough! hehe. goodluck to us! update me pls. what unit did you apply to?
- Oct 6, '12 by loveitQuote from itsnoworneveri called HR but they said the recruiter is still reviewing it. i applied Monday i think? i called them just to know if i still have hopes. hehe. how about you? how long did it take before they called you?Have you tried calling HR? Just did an interview with the nurse recruiter and she is super nice! There are about 5 or 6 of them. All really nice
- Oct 7, '12 by itsnoworneverQuote from loveitTook about two weeks. I've had apps in all over Cali (well over 300) and its been about a month since the first few went out. A month later I've gotten back about 75-100 rejection emails, one interview, one job and a second interview for nest week, and I'm a new grad. You really have to put apps EVERYWHERE. Several of my apps out there now reflect that they have been forwarded to the hiring manager. It takes a bit, but it's happening!!!!!
i called HR but they said the recruiter is still reviewing it. i applied Monday i think? i called them just to know if i still have hopes. hehe. how about you? how long did it take before they called you?
- Nov 24, '12 by SakuraChanGetting any job inside of UCLA is tough!
I used to work as a work-study student there and seriously, the only way you would get a job is by being "in" AKA you were transferring departments/already in the UCLA system.
Best of luck to all of you! I know that UCLA seriously is always on the look out for new nurses (seriously, I used to work in UCLA HealthCare System!)
- Dec 2, '12 by yemachisorry to hear that you guys are having a hard time finding a job, i work at UCLA been there for over 8 years and i hear how hard it is to get into, especially new grads. A couple of years ago they had a hiring freeze then last year they took in more new grads. As they are a magnet facility they only take BSN students and it is also good if you are already in the system. There are several good hospitals in southern cali, cedars and kaiser and i have worked in both and thought they were both great, although cedars would be my next choice then kaiser. i do believe that you should just apply to any hospital just to get some experience, i met a new grad that had graduated over one year and did not have a job, she is now in home health. Good luck in your search, let me know if i can help
- Dec 2, '12 by SheilaORNI'm not a new grad, but no luck yet at UCLA I would love to work there!