I am looking for new grads jobs while still in school (i will graduate in may). I was feeling a little discourage before but after reading all of your posts I fell much better now. I am so thankful for your suggestions. I just came to say THANK YOU!! I will graduate nursing school knowing that there are jobs out there!!!
After ready about how NO ONE will hire new grad RN's,graduating w/ my BSN, and studying for the NCLEX in August '11, I have had it!!!
Where we start working may not be where we end up in 20 years, people. There are so many opportunities out there for new grads, it is staggering
I made it my business to look for and succeed at landing a RN job and
I DID!!! Look at these gems:
*All Skilled Nursing Facilities
* Cancer Clinics
* Hair Club For Men (YES!!! THEY WANT YOU!!!)
* DaVita Dialysis Centers (They train (and make a big DEAL about it) and they WANT new Grads
* Frensius (sp) Dialysis Centers
* La Jolla Home Healthcare (Look at he site, they WANT new grads,too)
* Clinics in general
* Rehab hospitals
*CRAIGSLIST Healthcare (be careful)
* ALL SKILLED NURSING FACILITIES (oh, I wrote this one first
Please check these places out these places. The key is experience; we all need it, yet don't abuse it, get at least 9 months-1year of experience or more.
Don't forget we will ALL be Elderly one day; just sayin'
If anyone else has anymore examples of NEW GRAD WELCOME jobs, PLEASE post them, ALL is appreciated!!!