Scripps New Grad Nurse Residency 2013 - Page 54Register Today!
- Jan 29 by snobrdrblinkchikyes you're right. my friend clarified that we only work 2 12-hour days/wk on the floor and have classes 1 day/wk for the first 3 months.
- Jan 29 by spanglecI wonder if we get paid for the full-time hours then? Or if we only get paid for like 32 or whatever it ends up being with class? Interesting haha I got to remember to ask these questions when I go in for my paperwork appointment haha.
- Jan 29 by ctqloveGood to know, I figured we would do week of computer training etc and then go to our floors. However I got the impression from my interview and from another new grad that we work three 12 hrs shift plus 1 day of school for the first 3 months. The new grad specifically told me this because she was warning me not to get used the paycheck from working the extra 4 days a month. So I am curious to see what the result is going to be.
- Jan 29 by spanglecoh hmm that would be sucky/nice haha i could use the money right now from not working for the next few weeks/traveling before the program starts haha but how tiring!
- Jan 30 by snobrdrblinkchikso i got further clarification from my friend, who started was in the last new grad group. it's as u said, ctqlove, three12's plus one 4hr class. however he mentioned that a new grad who is starting with us stated that they are changing it up for us. i guess everything is hearsay until we get the details straight from HR
- Jan 30 by spanglecInteresting. If I had to guess they arent going to make us work/go to class more than 40 hours cause then they have to pay us overtime I believe...? A 4 hour class day is nice though haha I was thinking they would be 8 hour days.
- Feb 5 by MyNameRNJust got back from my appointment and it seems as though its three 12's + one 4 hr class.
- Feb 6 by spanglecDid you have your physical too or just your paperwork appointment? And thanks for the info!
Mines not till next Wed. Im going to Florida tomorrow before we start!
- Feb 6 by MyNameRNMy physical is not until next week. I'm trying to relax as much as I can before work starts too. But Florida--wow!! So jealous! Have fun and we will see each other on the 25th!!!