SCRIPPS New Grad Program August 2012 - Page 12Register Today!
- Jun 14, '12 by MyNameRNOh gosh, I wish it were today! I interviewed on the first day May 31 and these past 14 days have been excruciating to wait!! But nuajhat said... We have to keep on being patient. Just one more week.... We waited this long, we can do another week!
- Jun 14, '12 by CorianderUpdate: A friend of mine just got called by Mercy. I don't have any other details, but keep your phones nearby!
- hello everyone! i've been creeping on this forum for a while so i could find out when Scripps would be making calls but i only made an account today so i could inform everyone:
i got a call today from the Talent Manager at 1:06pm & she offered me a position at Scripps Mercy on the Medical Acute unit! one of the managers i interviewed with particularly liked me & so i'm starting on her unit. of course, i gladly accepted the offer
it's a full time job & i'm starting out on the day shift for the first 6 months. after 6 months, it may change according to Scripp's needs & i will be floating around to different floors w/in Mercy. they have numerous benefits like NCLEX reimbursement, retention bonuses, medical insurance, & RN certification reimbursements. it's really amazing!
i asked her how many they are hiring & she said about 80. i checked the email she sent me & it said they're hiring 80+.
all the "paperwork" is conducted through email, which is nice. i start August 20th! woo hoo!
feel free to ask me any questions!
- Jun 14, '12 by CorianderEMILY I was wondering when you would pop up here :P
One question I have for you, and I'm sure the others are curious... which Mercy? Chula Vista or Hillcrest?
And again, girlfriend. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
- Corinne! i didn't know Coriander was you! hahah. small world. anyway, i really have no idea. i just realized that i don't know ha. BOO. i'd prefer Hillcrest but i can't remember which Scripps Mercy my manager works at.
- Jun 14, '12 by RN2012BSNCongrats Emily!! So exciting for you!
What day/time did you interview, and did you state a unit preference at the end of your interview/were you asked about that?
Also, are you local? do you know if they provide relocation expense reimbursement for non-locals?? Congrats, and I hope to join you as a new Scripps RN! Let's hope! :-)
To everyone else, keep us posted!
- Jun 14, '12 by nauhjatFinally good news!! Congratulations to everyone who got a call. Wooo Hoo!!! Emily I have a question for you, do you have your BSN or ADN? Do you have your NCLEX already? I guess my theory about them calling next week has been debunked and I am so happy. Let the calling begin.
- RN2012BSN, i interviewed on June 6th & was scheduled for 2:30pm. it was the last day & i'm pretty sure i was the last interview for the managers at my table b/c they looked relieved when i came at 2:00pm.
i asked them what units i would be starting on & they said that it depends & that i would be asked what my preferences were if hired. i told them i'm interested in cardiac care though. well, i got hired & they didn't even ask my preferences ha but that's okay. i found out that medical acute is med-surg/tele, which is close enough to cardiac care
& i went to SDSU & have been living in SD for the past 4 years so i didn't ask about relocation reimbursement. sorry about that!
- nauhjat, i have a BSN from SDSU. & i just took my NCLEX yesterday!
- Jun 14, '12 by nauhjatThanks for the info. I am sure you passed. Congratulations again!!