Samuel Merritt ABSN Summer 2013 - page 14
I haven't found a thread for this yet, so I figured I would start one! I am applying in August, after I have my grades from my summer courses. I was wondering what stats other applicants have as well :) I still have to complete... Read More
- 0Feb 18, '13 by sudhasaravanQuote from yedwards42Thanks yedwards, for the information about acceptance package. Good luck to you too.Hi-
I applied to the Oakland ABSN (Summer) cohort. Once you receive your acceptance, you will receive "next step" instructions to enroll and complete your offer package. The Admissions office will provide some basic information about financial aid, and also during the first orientation financial aid information will be presented. From what I heard from another gal who was accepted, you have about a month/two to obtain financial aid and SMU does provide enough time/grace period even as the cohort begins.
Good luck everyone!!
- 0Feb 19, '13 by tlsmith29No kidding! The waiting is so hard! I guess we should just think it of it as training in empathy for our future patients that have to wait days for difficult test results! I have been holding my breath every time I check my email and voicemail for days now...just in case they start making offers early.
- 0Feb 21, '13 by emsawayHi future Oakland ABSN cohort,
I received an acceptance call last year at this exact time. I remember how excited I was.
Just a heads up that the program is SO intense the first 7 months. My main words of advice are to stay flexible in all ways possible and don't make too many plans outside of class/clinical time.
For those of you with kids...there are many of us with kids and yes, it is very doable.
It is a great program.
Good luck!Last edit by emsaway on Feb 21, '13 : Reason: addition
- 0Feb 22, '13 by yedwards42Hi emsaway,
Thank you so much for posting - it's great to hear from current ABSN students!! Please tell us more of the do's and don'ts and what to expect... How is the parking at SMU Oakland and times you need to be there for class? What clinical sites are you at? Are the professors and tests fair? Out of all the professors so far, would you say most are good or how many duds?
Thanks again for your advice and perspective. Congrats on being nearly done!
- 0Feb 25, '13 by yedwards42Anyone receive calls or updates for Oakland-ABSN? I'm hoping this week. I noticed SMU - FNP (Fall 2013) studets are starting to get updates and acceptances?! Saw their thread and updates here on allnurses. Geez...would be nice for us to hear something since our cohort starts in May.