Looking for CNA programs in San Jose, CA
- 0Dec 20, '06 by CA_Student_NurseHello!
Does anyone know where I could find a CNA program in San Jose or the Bay Area? I'm starting pre-requisites this quarter and looking for some hands-on experience while I go to school.
- 22,833 Visits
- 0Dec 21, '06 by caliotter3DeAnza College used to offer a CNA course as well as Acute Care CNA. Also, CCOC (forget what the initials stand for) but it has something to do with community adult education offered CNA courses as well, as at one time, a very highly regarded LVN program (hard to get in, and very affordable). The LVN program was discontinued for quite some time, they were going to start it up again around 2001 or so, don't know what happened there. You might try researching the local high school districts for their adult education divisions to find out about CCOC. Sorry I have not kept up to date with this.
- 0Dec 29, '06 by jesaI live in Sunnyvale and the Sunnyvale Cupertino community education has a CNA program http://ace.fuhsd.org/course_informat...department=MED
it looks like it's maybe a month or so long, $555
- 0Jan 1, '07 by VerstehenI've been researching the same thing, and I've found a few programs. City College of San Francisco has courses for certification as EMT, Cardiovascular Tech, and EKG Tech. I wouldn't mind hearing from those in the know how nursing programs look upon applicants certified as EMT's, CVT's, and EKG's, and where they fall next to CNA's.
Also, try the California Regional Occupational Program in Santa Clara county.
- 0Jan 26, '07 by tropicboundMission College in Santa Clara has a CNA and Acute CNA program. It uses the same facilities as their LVN and (starting this fall) RN programs. Here's a link to their website http://www.missioncollege.org/depts/health/index.html
I'm starting my last semester in the LVN program and have been very happy with the school, faculty and lab facilities. Good luck!
I know that there are also private CNA programs out there, but couldn't tell you where off hand.
- 0May 6, '08 by isbeQuote from ca_student_nursetls education centerhello!
does anyone know where i could find a cna program in san jose or the bay area? i'm starting pre-requisites this quarter and looking for some hands-on experience while i go to school.
training for life saving, llc
550 lakeside drive suite #2 sunnyvale, ca 94085
tel (408) 747-0194
fax (408) 747-0196
i am studing cna in fremont , but the school isn't good, my graduation will be in may, i thing because the school change the days, any way. now i am looking for acute care and this links is cheaper than others, this link have cna, acute care,
[color=#970200]medication administration management training program
[color=#970200]rehabilitative and restorative nurse aid program
[color=#970200]home health aide training program
[color=#970200]i pay in my school $ 900.00 more unifor, exam red cross ,and tb, medical exam
[color=#970200]total: 1200.00 dls
[color=#970200]the cna course is for 20 days, the quality is 70 %Last edit by isbe on May 6, '08 : Reason: CUALITY
- 0Nov 17, '08 by isbeHI MY FRIENDS, TODAY I WENT TO MEDICAL CARER COLLEGE IN FREMONT , BUT THE SCHOOL CHANGE THE ADREESS, NOW THE SCHOLL IS EN 41300 CRISTY ST GREMONT CA, IF YOU LIVE IN SANYVALE CA, YOU HAVE TO TAKE 880 AND TAKE EXIT 15 AUTO MALL PARKWAY TAKE ON THE LEFT AND TO THE RIGHT TAKE CHRISTY ST ALMOST IS 1/2 MILE ON THE STRET THE SCHOOL IS ON THE RIGHT, THEY HAVE CNA, ACUTE CARE, HHA, HEMODYALISIS , LVN ECT.