CSULB Fall 2013 BSN - page 5
by redwards6 41,759 Views | 286 Comments
I just submitted my application yesterday and thought I'd start a thread for this process! I was involved in one last year when I applied, and it was really helpful to know what was going on, and where my stats where with others!... Read More
- 0Feb 19, '13 by gmo77677Yeah, I was worried about the change in repeating policies they have in effect now...I verified w nursing dept that the science expiration of 5 years is still applied. As of this applicant pool, the science pre-req. has to be w/in 5 years (or close to)...if not, you can retake and they count the most recent and the expired is not counted/avg'd. I know there were changes to the repeating of the gen gpa courses.
I am also applying to CSUSB, PCC, Golden West, ELAC, Rio Hondo, LA County, Azusa Pacific, Cerritos, LBCC...it's only taking a million transcripts : )
Given the past threads, I decided to take Pathophysiology and Pharm at Golden West this Spring...I figured since they are pretty much standard semester 1 classes of every nursing program it wouldn't hurt. I also noticed that everyone was scrambling last min to do the registration and adding so I would do it this semester to avoid the rush.
- 0Feb 25, '13 by gmo77677Quote from gobeach2013"WHEN" you get in! Think it, believe it, and let the universe do the rest ; )ahh it's already the 25th! please let us know if you receive an interview invite and i'll do the same (:
and i'm taking nutrition 339 this spring semester and patho/pharm this summer IF i get into csulb nursing (:
I got very good advice...change all ur passwords to what u want to accomplish.
My passwords now include "iamanurse"
- 0Feb 27, '13 by gobeach2013@gmo77677 you have so much optimism (: you actually make me feel a lot better whenever i read your posts about being positive lol. and @redwards6, same here. i'm constantly checking my email on my phone :/ it's either this week or next week that we'll receive it.
i'm also hoping for the trimester program. i'm already delaying graduation by 2 years and i want to finish asap.
so much anxiety over all this waiting ...
- 0Feb 27, '13 by gmo77677Hahahaha! That's hilarious...crickets! Maybe we're the only applicants???
Well, by nature I am a pessimist and a worrier. I've had to train myself and surround myself w a lot of positive people. Just keep trying and keep getting up.
I can't tell u how much I refresh the website for new info,
My first choice is the 3 yr., I have 2 kids and I will need to come up for air. I started when my first was 1 yr...she's 11 now!!! Another year won't kill me...well maybe ; )
- 0Feb 27, '13 by Rgo8316Hey everyone I have also been checking my emails to see if they sent out the interview invites and it is very nerve racking! I believe that all of you guys have a great chance of getting in this coming fall (myself as well hopefully)!! For the program I wouldn't mind the 3 year program, because I can't imagine how intense it would be having to do the trimester and I'm in no rush to finish, just a rush to get in a program and get started! Lol.
- 0Feb 27, '13 by redwards6I have two kids also and I'm totally on the fence about trimester or semester. I'd like to get done in two years but what am I gonna do with a 5 and 6 year old in the summer? And the beach will be calling my name...I'm just waiting for some clarity.
No email today. Last year the interviews were only a week after the email invites got sent out. It's kinda exciting to think we could have our interviews next week!