2012 UCLA New Grad Residency ProgramRegister Today!
- by sugarlips Oct 3, '11Just wanted to open up this page to get the party rolling since the application opened up today.
Only bad thing is that I hated my cover letter, but because I had submitted all 4 documents, it wouldn't let me go back in and send up a new one. Oh well, it's in their hands now.
- Oct 3, '11 by CuddleswithpuddlesHi there!
I am in the process of applying. Found out on Sunday and I fired off some requests for letters of recommendation. I am looking forward to a lively discussion.
Good luck to everyone!
- Oct 3, '11 by sugarlipsWhich units are you applying to? I did Peds, PICU, and Step Down.
- Oct 4, '11 by CuddleswithpuddlesMy heart is a-flutter for the two cardiac ICUs (7N ICU and 7ICU) and 4ICU/MICU in the Ronald Reagan Center. However, it would be a honor to be accepted into any unit so I would be flexible.
Anyone know which clinical areas are particularly impacted? I read a thread about a previous residency program and someone said pediatrics was very, very competitive.
- Oct 4, '11 by sugarlipsHonestly, I'll take what I can as well.
- Oct 4, '11 by MichelleRN2010Does anyone know when to expect the first phone call?
- Oct 4, '11 by patteRNI spoke to HR on the first day, and the lady told me we should be expecting calls closer to the interview dates in November. so i'd say maybe late Oct, early Nov.
- Oct 4, '11 by CuddleswithpuddlesQuote from patteRNHi patteRN,I spoke to HR on the first day, and the lady told me we should be expecting calls closer to the interview dates in November. so i'd say maybe late Oct, early Nov.
What else did the HR person tell you?
I hesitated to call due to the note on the website that said "Please no phone calls."
Thanks for sharing the valuable info!
- Oct 4, '11 by patteRNYeah despite that note, I just had to call because I wasn't prompted to take the online assessment, so she emailed me a link to complete it.
She also said this round of applications is different from last time because they converted the TalentPlus phone interview into the Online Assessment, which basically saves time for them and for us. That's all she really told me. =)
- Oct 5, '11 by CuddleswithpuddlesWhat is the assessment about? I am waiting on my letters of recommendation so I have not gotten to that point. Is it testing your knowledge or your personality?