- by charissa May 13, '03Hey, I am transfering to burn ICU at the regional burn center this week actually. every time i come in here it is empty, come on, share the love!
- May 13, '03 by gwenithI worked in a general ICU that also took burns - did it for about a year - why I left is a long story.
- May 13, '03 by BadBirdI float to the burn unit occasionally. There are some of the most wonderful nurses there, hope you like it.
- May 14, '03 by charissaI think I will, I spent some time in school there, and have gone for several lets make sure you dont get sick and pass out visits, e'll see how it goes i guess
- May 18, '03 by vaughanmkI worked an a ped Bu as a burn tech for a year. I loved it. But that's the way it is you either love burns or hate them. I just have one piece of advice. Pain control. Be sure to properly medicate your patients. Don't be afraid to ask the doctors for something. the hospital I worked at was a teaching hospital, so many of the Docs didn't know what they were doing and were afraid to order large amount of narc's needed for treatment.
- May 19, '03 by charissaMy understanding, as this is a teaching facility is the same, that sometimes a not so gentle bit of advice is needed to keep the pt comfy in spite of the young docs
- Jun 2, '03 by cna on her wayGotta love the burn unit!! I work as a CNA on a Burn unit now and love it! The nurses are wonderful and the job is so rewarding. It is a tough job at times and we receive both adult and pediatric burns. But trust me, you will either love it or hate it-there is no in between. Good luck!