Rn vs bsn hiring critera - page 2
by Amerk 5,567 Views | 23 Comments
Hello All :) This is my first post so if I am doing something wrong please understand. My name is Aaron and reside in AZ. I am in my early Forties and for the past 18 months I have been earning my pre and co-requisites... Read More
- 0Jun 3, '12 by jasonjacobsonone of my teachers last semester also taught at chamberlin and she informed me of their accreditation status. maybe she was referring to another accreditation that they lack?Last edit by jasonjacobson on Jun 3, '12 : Reason: Additional information.
- 0Jun 3, '12 by NewGradRN0717Quote from wbthomasI know that you can't give names on here, but was he or she an actual professor? Or a clinical instructor?One of my teachers last semester also taught at Chamberlin and she informed me of their accreditation status. Maybe she was referring to another accreditation that they lack?
- 0Jun 5, '12 by Asystole RNQuote from jasonjacobsonChamberlain has a physical campus in Arizona along with an online program based out of Illinois. Both programs are accredited as stated.
Your instructor may be referring to the NLNAC accreditation, which no school in Arizona currently holds that accreditation. CCNE is the regional accreditation that Chamberlain holds in Arizona through their Illinois campus and has been approved by the AZ Board of Nursing.
- 0Jun 5, '12 by fromtheseaRNQuote from jasonjacobsonactually quite a few schools in arizona have NLNAC accreditation. just search for accredited schools in arizona on their website.Your instructor may be referring to the NLNAC accreditation, which no school in Arizona currently holds that accreditation.
http://www.nlnac.org/Last edit by fromtheseaRN on Jun 5, '12 : Reason: link didn't work
- 0Jun 8, '12 by Asystole RNQuote from wbthomasWhen stating a school you need to specify the campus and program. Each campus and each program has separate accreditation, or lack thereof. You can go to school X and receive an accredited ASN and turn around and receive a non accredited BSN from the same campus.From what I understand, if you get a degree from Chamberlin, and then later decide to go to ASU or UofA to get your masters degree, you will not be able to do so with a degree from Chamberlin because it will not be recognized.
Am I wrong? It would be great if I am.
The Phoenix Chamberlain and Online Chamberlain undergraduate BSN degrees are accredited by CCNE. Graduates of either pathways are recognized by ASU. There may be some additional pre-requisite or co-requisite classes that have to be satisfied before admission however.