BIO 201 at Rio SaladoRegister Today!
- by UnicornRN Mar 29, '09Hey everyone,
Looking to see if anyone is currently enrolled in BIO 201 at Rio Salado. I am scheduled to start on 4/13 but was hoping to get a jump start on my studying. I have a crazy schedule because I work two jobs (one to pay for school and one to pay for my life), a husband and three kids. I need all the extra study time I can get!
Any study tips and general suggestions are welcome!
- Mar 29, '09 by AZMOMO2I found it helpul to watch the lectures from Berkley once we got indepth on the material from cell recognition to functions to help study. It broke up all the reading. Rio is memorize memorize memorize. Good luck! The instructor can be a make or break when it comes to the parts with the essay's and they are a big part of your grade. Bio 201 instructor didn't like my essays at all, even though my ENG, PSY, SOC and BIO 202 instructors did! Go figure!
Here is a link to the lectures I was talking about.
http://webcast.berkeley.edu/course_d...sid=1906978375Last edit by AZMOMO2 on Mar 29, '09 : Reason: change website
- Mar 29, '09 by kimmercHave you taken the final yet?
- I took it online at Rio two semesters ago. It was super hard because of having to teach yourself everything. My teacher expected me to know EVERYTHING from the book. It was about memorized, not learning.
- How do you do on the final?
- I really don't remember. I know I was able to pull off a C in the class.
- I am really nervous about the final -
- Sorry I can't remember more!! Good luck!!!
- Apr 1, '09 by Betty711Bio 201 is a lot of information to cram into your head! I was able to get enough in there to pass with a B though. I would just recommend using any extra time you can to read the chapters until you understand the info.
- I have spent numerous hours reading, how were you able to get a B? I am an A student in all of my other classes but am not doing well at all in this class.
I need a good study guide and feel like I am all over the place when I am trying to study since there is basically no guideline to go on. Do you have any advise?