Bio 156 Rio Salado
- 0Apr 20, '12 by cami9273Hello Everyone!! I am currently taking my pre-reqs for the nursing program and have recently started Bio 156 at Rio Salado. It is an online course and so far I have an A, my question is to anyone who has recently taken it, what can I expect to see on the midterm and final? I know it consists of multiple choice and essays, but should I study previous quizzes or is there anything else that I should be looking at? I'm really nervous about this midterm coming up, so Thanks in advance to anyone who could give me a heads up!!! :heartbeat
- 1,372 Views
- 0Apr 21, '12 by CinDRnycI took Microbiology there last semester. It was awful basically you had to know everything for midterm and final and we didn't have a study guide. My only advice be ready for anything! I had and A after the midterm I dropped down to a B and ended up with an 89 at the end I was ticked! Good luck study hard!
- 0Apr 22, '12 by cami9273Quote from CinDRnycThank you!!!I took Microbiology there last semester. It was awful basically you had to know everything for midterm and final and we didn't have a study guide. My only advice be ready for anything! I had and A after the midterm I dropped down to a B and ended up with an 89 at the end I was ticked! Good luck study hard!
- 0Apr 28, '12 by Kalinda117Hello. I took Bio 156 at Rio and ended up with an 88 in that class due to the midterm and final (and I have been basically an A student all the way around). WIth that being said, just study everything. EVERYTHING! Rio is NOT an easy program when it comes to science and math classes so as long as you know what you are doing on the quizzes and the reading materials, you will do fine. Whatever the objectives state at the end of the chapter...make sure you know them. It would help to write those out going forward because it will make your life easier studying for the Final. Good Luck!
- 1Apr 28, '12 by wbthomasI ended up with a 95% in the class. Study previous quizzes and you should outline each of the essay questions because those exact questions are on the test. I also completed the questions at the end of the chapter each week. It was a tough course. This class was one of the reasons that I avoid online courses. I thought it was much more work than if I took it in person.
- 0May 1, '12 by BrookelinI also found that the online resources from the textbook were really helpful too in preparing for the midterm. As long as you review all the material and really grasp what you are learning then you should be OK. I was sooo nervous when I took the BIO156 midterm because it was my first Rio class that I had taken online and everyone else on here was making it sound like it was incredibly hard. It really wasn't as bad as I had built it up to be...so relax and just do your best.