Heading out soonRegister Today!
- by akvarmit Sep 13, '08Thanks for the messages here from the AK nurses!
Our plans have finally come together, our house sold, I have a temporary license for AK and a job offer.
We'll be hitting AK in 2 months, looking forward to it!
Can anyone tell me if there are uniform stores in Anchorage, or am I better to get a few more scrubs here before I go?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=333375©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,719 Views
- Sep 15, '08 by aknottedyarnCongrats!
I buy on line always. Don't know if specific uniform stores but I think you can find scrubs pretty easily in most stores. I know Fred Meyers and Wal-Mart have them.
Anchorage is basically like almost any other city so I expect you will find everything you want. You might try to Google for stores.
pm if you want, I'll be glad to share what I know, which is little as I am in SE, but it is a small state about lots of things.
- Sep 15, '08 by akvarmitThanks AKnotted!
We have a few days in Seattle & Bellingham waiting for the ferry, so I may check out the shopping there to kill some time.
- Sep 16, '08 by aknottedyarnEnjoy the trip up the inside passage. Make sure you have reading material or handwork to occupy some of your time. It is one of my favorite trips. Ferry food is palatable, but can be expensive. Take some snacks and get off ferry at each stop just to feel the ground under your feet. There are very few places that you might become seasick, but if you are prone, get some OTC med to get you through any rough areas. (There are usually about 1-2 possible.) Captain will announce any anticipated problems.
They ask med. personnel to report that fact when getting on board. I was called once for a suspected MI. It was not but the crew really appreciates the back up we can provide.
Have a wonderful time. Welcome to the last frontier. Best place I have found to live.:wink2:
- Sep 18, '08 by akvarmitaknotted -
Thanks for your reply - all good info! The cruise is one part I'm definitely looking forward to Heck, I'm looking forward to the whole process! I'm so excited I could bust, then I get butterflies and want to puke! Just a healthy respect for the adventure we'll be on.
I'm really looking forward to working up there, too, and the new experiences that will bring.
Leaving PA officially Oct 11 - arrive Anchorage Oct 30th.
Will keep in touch.......
- Jun 19, '10 by jeffreyorbitgood luck!