Filipino UK nurse going to Australia

  1. 0
    Hi! I'm a Filipino currently working in UK as a Theatre nurse. I applied for a job in Australia and fortunately I was accepted for the job. My problem now is I don't have Ahpra registration. Anyone who can help me how to go about the registration and have it really fast? i have read in the their website and some threads regarding registration though. I just want to learn it from somebody who knows and has experience. My visa here in UK will be expiring this coming october and i don't want to renew it though my employer wants to renew my contract. thanx!

    Get the hottest topics every week!

    Subscribe to our free Nursing Insights newsletter.

  2. 5 Comments...

  3. 0
    There is a thread full of information, not just for new filipino nurse graduates.

    Here is AHPRA website: I suggest plenty of research of your own. Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - Home.

    I doubt you will get it 'really fast' but maybe a bit more expedited if you have a letter from an employer saying that they will sponsor a visa for you.

    You are lucky you have been working in the UK, otherwise you would have had to wait even longer for registration, because you would have been required to do a bridging course and IELTS. (which still may be required) if you were educated in the Phllipines - AHPRA requirements change from day to day depending which assessment officer you get.

    Good luck with your Registration with AHPRA.
    Last edit by ceridwyn on Mar 24, '12
  4. 0
    thanx for the promt reply. honestly right now i am confused if i have to retake ielts. because i have read in the registration standard that:

    english language proficiency test results must have been obtained within two years before applying for registration. an ielts or oet result (or approved equivalent) that is older than two-years may be accepted as current, if accompanied by proof that an applicant:

    has actively maintained continuous practice and/ or employment as a registered nurse, enrolled nurse or midwife using english as the primary
    language of practice in any of the recognised countries listed in this registration standard; and/or has been continuously enrolled in a program of study taught and assessed in english and approved by the recognised nursing and/or midwifery regulatory body in any of the countries listed in this registration standard.

    my ielts is already expired but i have continued practice here in uk for almost 3 yrs now..

    Last edit by Silverdragon102 on Mar 25, '12 : Reason: easier to read
  5. 0
    Somewhere in the IELTS english for nurses with AHPRA, I believe there are one or two documents, there is exemption if you have worked 3 months in the countries that do not need to take IELTS. well there was.
  6. 1
    Moved to the International forum
    ceridwyn likes this.
  7. 0

    Once you are ready to send your documents to AHPRA I would suggest sending them to the Darwin office as they are processing them in about 4 - 6 weeks which is a lot quicker than the other states

    G.P.O. Box 9958
    Darwin NT 0801

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.

A Big Thank You To Our Sponsors