NP Student Malpractice InsuranceRegister Today!
- by Layna22 Apr 9Hi all!
I have read other threads about insurance, but mainly for current practicing RNs and NPs. Can anyone recommend cheap/affordable malpractice insurance for nurse practitioner students?
- 3,803 Views
- Apr 9 by elkparkDo you have coverage now (as an RN)? I suggest you contact the company that is covering you now, explain your situation, and see what they recommend for your circumstances. That's what I did when I was starting a CNS program years ago (my company said I was covered as a student under my existing RN coverage, and there wasn't even an increase in my premiums. Of course, that may be different for NP students).
- Apr 11 by tryingtohaveitallMarsh in Iowa will give you decent nursing malpractice insurance that will cover you as an NP student. I was very pleased with them. They were very helpful.
- Apr 11 by tryingtohaveitallNSO will not cover you as an NP student with your bedside nursing malpractice insurance.
- Apr 12 by traumaRUsNSO WILL cover you though as an NP student, you just need to contact them to get this added.
- Apr 14 by Sha-Sha RNI have NSO for my RN malpractice and they cover me for my Np student practice. It costs me almost an add'l $200/ year for the np coverage.
- Apr 14 by tryingtohaveitallYikes. Maybe that was the issue, marsh cost me less than $100/yr for nursing liability that included NP student.
- Apr 18 by toasterboy85Insurance is one place that I would not "take the lowest bidder." I work as an FNP for a neurosurgeon and my insurance is about $4000. Mostly because of surgery (RNFA) and small amount of pediatrics.
Find someone who is an expert at insurance, there are multiple flavors of policies out there. I would recommend not going with the "state minimum." My policy is a 1 million / 3 million. I understand that if you are more so in primary practice this would be overkill. Bottom line... Ask a professional, we go to school to help patients, not obtain insurance policies and contracts.