Msn fnp interview at duke universityRegister Today!
- by rphil77120 Jun 28, '12I interviewed today for the FNP program at Duke for spring 2013. Anyone else out there in the same boat?
- 15,078 Views
- Jul 4, '12 by rgbrnHi rphil77120,
I interviewed on June 28th for admission to the Spring 2013 MSN program (FNP, distance, full-time) at Duke. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Good Luck!
- Jul 4, '12 by rphil77120Did you interview by phone or in person? August is a long time to wait!
- Jul 5, '12 by rgbrnI interviewed in person. It's about a 4 hour drive for me to get to Durham. I drove there and back in one day. I agree, August is a long time to wait!!
I thought the interview went well...though I was a bit nervous...and it didn't help that it was 98 degrees outside that day!
Duke is my first choice for grad. school...but I am also currently working on the bridge program at Western Carolina (WCU). For the WCU program I will have to complete a BSN along the way to getting an MSN...so it will take at least a year longer (I have a B.A. in Psych. and an ADN in nursing). I still have 2 semesters to take to finish the BSN part of the bridge at WCU.
Good luck on getting into Duke. Will you be a distance student? Are you planning to do full time or part time?
- Jul 6, '12 by rphil77120I will be on campus and full time. I live about an hour away. 4 hours each way certainly would make a very long day. Who did you interview with?
- Jul 6, '12 by rphil77120Lnzhec, no, I haven't heard anything yet. That would be great if decisions were released this week, but I thought that they said they would be released in August. How do you think your interview went. I think I was sweating bullets!
- Jul 7, '12 by LnzhecI spoke with admissions office yesterday, since this past week was a holiday no decisions have been made yet. When I was there for interviews I was told it would be two weeks, or middle of July when we are notified, and august 1st is just out there as the last date possible...so we should hear by end of next week, beginning of the next...I thought the interview went really well, but I always think that and I'm not always chosen so it's hard to gauge how they are going to figure that into our admissions file.
- Jul 7, '12 by rgbrnLnzhec, thanks for the update from the admissions office. Will you be distance or on campus? Good luck!!
rphil, I prefer not to name the professor on this message board (I have seen faculty names deleted from other posts by the moderators). I was surprised that the faculty member I interviewed with was a researcher who teaches in the PhD program and not (as far as I understood) part of the FNP program faculty. She was friendly and easy going and put me at ease. If I lived closer to Durham I would prefer to do at least some of the program on campus...but I am used to online classes now since I have been doing an online RN to BSN program. Hopefully I won't have to travel too far to do clinicals. Good luck! Hopefully we will hear something next week.
- Jul 12, '12 by rgbrnHas anybody heard anything yet?? This waiting is sooo hard..I've been checking my email every chance I get...but no word yet here.