Failed the AANP and ANCC - Page 9Register Today!
- Aug 4, '12 by aslingtlThanks Jane33,
I have been studying using the Fitzgerald study guide and CDs. I think she is great but she covers so much. i also have the Hollier Certification question book which I had not used much the on the aanp exam. Now I wished I would have used it more because it seemed like several of the questions on the aanp exam came from that book. I also did not used my Leik book much while studying for the aanp because there seem to questions and material that I knew, I knew but according to the book I was wrong about. So I checked it with The Fitz book and I was right so that kind of scared me. Now I seem to be using all three to study for the ANCC exam. I like the Leik book because it is point blank. Unfortunately, little material is mentioned for the Ethnical, theory and health policy part. I have pulled some of my material from my classes and some of the books that I used in school to help me with these parts. As far as the theory part, how did you study? Did you just do an overview of all of the theorist such as Freud and Erikson or did you just pick certain ones? Any help or advice would be great. I can not afford to fail this one. Hopefully they will hurry up with the paperwork and maybe I can test soon. Thanks so much for your encouraging words. They are greatly appreciated.
- Aug 4, '12 by Jane33 RNI saw several questions on the AANP exam that was in the Hollier book. I listened to the Fitzgerald CDs also and I thought they where good but I did not feel like it helped me with a lot of the questions on the exam. I did not use the Maria Liek book, I did her webinar. The webinar help me the most because she broke the questions down and gave us advice for when I took the test. She even had a ton of info on the ethical stuff but we did not go into much detail since just about everyone that attended the webinar was taking the AANP exam. The ANCC has a lot of research questions and I don't feel that I was strong in those areas. None of the reviews go into that stuff that is on exam. That might change soon since so much of that research is on the exam. The review classes may be putting more of that info in the review course. You should know the stages of Erikson. I did not pass the ANCC so I can not tell you how to study for it. I could not figure it out. The AANP exam is an exam that you can study for. God Bless!
- Aug 24, '12 by mbradyI have until November 14th to prepare for ANCC exam, I am taking this because I failed the AANP exam on July 19th. Has anyone taken the ANCC lately, how should I prepare. I really have no idea how to begin studying, I have no motivation to study at all. Someone please help....
- Aug 24, '12 by Jane33 RNmbrady,I feel your pain but you have to motivate yourself. I did not pass ANCC and I really don't know how to tell you to prepare for that test. Your test date will come so fast! Think positive and be determined! God bless.
- Aug 27, '12 by aslingtlJust thought I would tell everyone that I go this Wednesday (08/29/12) to take the ancc exam. I would like to ask for prayer. I know the lord can move in this. My family really needs it. I will post back with the results. Thanks in advance, for any prayers said on my behalf. Looking forward to some good news!
- Aug 27, '12 by Tinabeanrnsending prayers your way . congratulations in advance!
- Aug 27, '12 by Jane33 RNI will be praying for you. When you take the test ask God to help you. Don't be afraid to talk to God while you take the test. God bless
- Aug 28, '12 by aslingtlThanks for the encouragement. Keeping the faith. Will post sometime tomorrow, hopefully with positive news.
- Aug 28, '12 by TinabeanrnYou will pass this one. I'm sure of it
- Aug 28, '12 by fitchick20Good luck! You will do great!!!