What do you think about TV nursing comedy/drama like Nurse Jackie? - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 3, '12 by phil1968I agree. It is strictly entertainment. My teacher wife loves medical show, while I never bother. Why do I want to see work after I just left it?; even as it is fantasy. Besides, the only thing about them I enjoy is picking apart the many technical mistakes they make. Makes one wonder what their medical "advisors" do.
The truth is probably closer to using medical props for "dramatic effect", as when on a soap opera some years ago, the lead actress ridiculously had an ekg lead on her forehead!
Hollywood dramatizes our profession, and the public believes that our work is as exciting as potrayed. The same for doctors, lawyers, ect.
Our work is mostly mundane with sporatic drama thrown in. Why are people so facinated by what we do?
I would rather watch a documentary.Last edit by phil1968 on Jun 3, '12
- Jun 3, '12 by RNsRWeSaw just a couple of episodes, found it to be a joke. Soap opera with a medical theme.
A soap opera with a medical theme I DO like is Grey's Anatomy...although not because it's realistic either, I just like the characters and the setting happens to involve some truly weird medical anomolies (presented as run-of-the-mill, everyday situations).
Which reminds me of Nip/Tuck....lots of gory operating room scenes, based in some reality and oftentimes bearing little resemblance overall. My fave was when the two plastic surgeons were forced at gunpoint to finish stitching up a boob-job patient and then...ready?...harvest a kidney. Oh, either one will do...just properly remove it, keep the patient alive, of course, and plop it into this waiting cooler for a recipient who's blood type and tissue matching hasn't ever been done with this donor...who could be hep C for all anyone knows...but don't worry, these two guys who have only been doing plastics for ten years are sure to pull it off! And yessirree, they sure did
Truly silly stuff, these "medical" shows. But hey, the actors are hot...
- Jun 3, '12 by That GuyGreys should have died seaons ago. Its painful to watch now. But it is entertaining.
I could never get myself to enjoy NJ for some reason.
- Jun 4, '12 by GitanoRNi'm another fan of the show nurse jackie, however, i would like to see a male as a nurse portrayed in a positive manner probably in one of the lead roles on t.v. is just only fair....just saying
- Jun 11, '12 by ♑ Capricorn ♑I didn't really watch Nurse Jackie. I did watch HawthornRN, the one with Jada Pinkett-Smith. I also love House. To me it was just entertainment.
- Jun 11, '12 by tothepointeLVNQuote from gitanornlol yes because nurse jackie is such a positively portrayed nurse lol. sometimes i worry that i'm a little too zoe when i'd much rather be more jackie or ackalightisi'm another fan of the show nurse jackie, however, i would like to see a male as a nurse portrayed in a positive manner probably in one of the lead roles on t.v. is just only fair....just saying
- Jun 11, '12 by ThujoneI do not like the character Jackie.
- Jun 11, '12 by Janet C, RNI love 'Nurse Jackie' and 'Grey's Anatomy'!!