Finding the right time to sleep...Register Today!
- by brian Sep 27, '12Many studies have highlighted the effects that sleep has on your learning capacity. The outcome suggests that if you don't get enough sleep your academic performance will degrade. It is suggested that most adults need about seven to eight hours of sleep each night to feel alert and rested.
Are you getting enough sleep?
When do you get your sleep? AM or PM?
Click Like if you enjoyed it.
Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
- 8,045 Views
- Sep 27, '12 by reagansmIdeally I sleep from midnight to 8. However, that does not work out if I pick up a 7 - 3 shift, or Monday nights when I have to volunteer on Tuesday mornings at 8, or even on Sunday if I am going to go to church. ALSO, I am starting my last semester of clinicals this week and I have night shift. So, I am attempting to sleep during the day. Last night I made myself stay up to 3, slept until 11:30 (my cats did not like this and woke me up around 9). Tonight, I am going to try and push it a little farther, all to get my self ready to stay up all night on Friday. Should be easy to sleep Saturday and then I get go back that night. I'm more than a little nervous!
- Sep 28, '12 by joanna73I sleep from 10- 1730 usually, since I'm on nights. This usually works well for me.
- Sep 28, '12 by SarcasticLVNI work days 6:30-3:00 pm! Thank goodness I hate pm's! But I sleep maybe 5-6 hours a night on nights I work and then on my days off it varies.. I might crash at 8:00 pm but then I'll be up at 3/4:00 am on my day off, but have not slept in past 7:00 am on a day off in 6 months I remember my teenage days where I could sleep until noon! Sad thing is I'm single and in mid 20's but by the time I'm off and get home I just want to crawl into bed!
- Sep 29, '12 by AZMOMO2Well it's 2am, I have been awake since 6am and hope to be sleeping around 9am or so. Normally I work 7p-7a x 3 days a week and go to school 2 days a week from 12p-4p and have 1 clinical a week from 7a-7p... these days tend to overlap a lot. I also have 4 dogs that make it nearly impossible to get undisturbed sleep on my nights/days off.
I figure maybe I can get some sleep one of these days.
- Sep 29, '12 by hereinTNI work 6pm to 6am. I generally sleep from 9 am to 4:30pm, I try to stay on the same sleeping schedule when I am off work too. I use white noise machine, keep the room a cool 68 degrees and use a blackout curtain. I usually feel pretty well rested, but this schedule is rough on a social life. Have always been a night shift nurse, I groove on this schedule.
- Sep 30, '12 by luvmykids0810I sleep when I'm dead. Lol I work nights 7p to 7aSaturday and Sunday. And I have two kids that r standing outside the bathroom door as I type this now. Lol