What nursing habits do you take home? - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 13 by RNJill1) Definitely dated some of my cosmetics/makeup when I opened them so I don't keep them longer than 3 mos. - all I can say is at least I didn't put the time opened on them as well!
2) Forgetting that I can't just casually mention disgusting stories involving bodily fluids/smells/hospital specific happenings because a lot of my friends still think/pretend that most people poop unicorns and rainbows
- Oct 20 by HappyWife77My bed can not have wrinkles.....when I went thru training it was all flat sheets and mitered corners- the instructor would bounce a coin. I'm OCD about it.....just ask my hubby!
- Oct 20 by SaoirseRNI am always surprised at the numbers of nurses who over use the antibiotic ointments and antibacterial soap/wipes at home!
I always end up dispensing pills into bottle caps -- and the only thing I take routinely at home is iron. I do it for acetaminophen or ibuprofen too.
I end up visually "assessing" people wherever I go. I don't mean to, but I realize I'm doing it when I come up with their most likely chronic diagnosis (COPD, liver failure, etc). And of course -- the veins. Oh the veins.
- Oct 20 by meanmaryjeanMy cleaning lady is a non-practicing RN. The way she makes my bed would make her instructors proud!
- Oct 20 by nursefrancesYep to most of the above. Dispensing my own meds in the pill cap, assessing others (oh the wonderful veins I have seen! I could get a 15g in THAT one!), if I hold someone by the wrist for any reason I check their pulse, if the kids (when younger) didn't flush the toilet I would assess that too. (I know I am not the only weirdo)
I know there are more, I just can't think about them right now.
- Oct 28 by sarahd333Happywife I love your icon!
- Oct 28 by sarahd333Quote from HappyWife77Happywife I love your icon!My bed can not have wrinkles.....when I went thru training it was all flat sheets and mitered corners- the instructor would bounce a coin. I'm OCD about it.....just ask my hubby!