Patient with the bowel problem... - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 24, '12 by whichone'spinkLOL, I've seen that before. I even slipped and fell on the floor when I was cleaning it up. Not a good idea to wear danskos.
- Aug 24, '12 by lavender59The smell makes me search where it is coming from if pooh prints are not visible.
- Aug 24, '12 by yginayOn my first day in hospital setting, as a brand new nursing student, I came across a trail of turds that started in middle of a hallway where there were no patient rooms, proceeded around the corner and stopped at the elevator doors...needless to say I avoided the elevator for rest of day though I can't help but wonder what the story behind it all was lol. Made for interesting report at post conference with my clinic cohort and instructor!
- Aug 25, '12 by NyteshiftLVNLaughing so hard at this thread right now!!
- Aug 25, '12 by K+MgSO4I work on a fairly new ward. we have only been open for 18 months. When we open about 1 month I get a call from the oncology ward 4 floors below us. A patient had wandered off the ward and was down there. So I as charge nurse went off with his nurse to get him. We went down, collected him and brought him into the service lift to take him back upstairs.
He proceded to drop trousers and poop in the lift!!!!! and of course the lift stopped on another level where a patient was waiting to be taken to theater!! Oh!!!! it is funny now but as a newly minted charge nurse on a new ward it was a bit of a shock!
- Aug 25, '12 by VivaLasViejasI'll never forget chasing a LOL down the hallway in the first LTC I ever worked in. She was shambling along, dropping little poops out the bottom of her pants leg with every step, leaving a trail much like the one in the cartoon. I was yelling, "Irene, Irene, stop!" She couldn't hear very well, so I had to catch up with her when she went into her room. Gads, what a mess that was........it's funny now, but it sure wasn't then!
- Aug 25, '12 by whichone'spinkI guess this patient left a trail so that he would know how to get back to his room after going out for a smoke break.
- Aug 25, '12 by kht124I've never had an encounter with fecal trail. However, I recently had a patient who "dug her way" out of constipation. She insisted on using her finger to stimulate her bowel. The nurse gave in after a few minutes and handed her a glove to do so. The was able to produce an extremely large and hard (surprisingly large) poop. The nurse, the pt and myself, were all stunned. We all commented on how she must have felt much better afterward.
- Aug 26, '12 by nursefrancesQuote from lavender59pooh prints.The smell makes me search where it is coming from if pooh prints are not visible.
- Aug 26, '12 by nursefrancesI'm trying to figure out which is worse....the poo trail or "finger painting"? I think I am leaning towards finger painting.