1. Hi I'm a Personal Care Aide in Va for almost three years. I have over 16 yrs of experience in mental illness because of my oldest child has multiple disabilities and I made sure I studied to learn the medical field. But my topic of choice is I take care of a patient who is handicap and wheelchair bound. I am paid below wages and I do wound care everyday and order the supplies for the colostomy. Please can someone please help find a way i can get my Wound Care Certificate so I can make what I'm suppose to be making. Thank you for your time.
  2. Visit mommie367 profile page

    About mommie367

    Joined: Jun '13; Posts: 1


  3. by   Sun0408
    Im not sure if its possible.. I would contact your state BON and ask. What type of wound care are you doing? As an aide, this may be outside of your scope.
  4. by   nursel56
    I agree with Sun0408. The type of wound care nurses with that certification do may likely be out of the scope of practice for a home health aide in your state. I know how hard HHAs and caregivers work and I agree they are underpaid but that is dictated by market forces and hard to change, unfortunately.
  5. by   Esme12
    Welcome to AN! The largest online nursing community!

    Your post has been moved to wound care for best response.

Must Read Topics