Vanderbilt MSN Direct Entry 2021

Posted

Has 1 years experience.

Hey! I know it is super early but I wanted to go ahead and start this thread. The application doesn't open until August 15th. Post you comments, questions, and anything else so we can connect and support throughout this process!

jbail113, CNA

Has 1 years experience.

I am currently earning my BSN. I will start my last year in august so I am trying to finish up my essay by then. I have been working on it for a few weeks. I want it to be perfect. Im so nervous. whewww.

Just an FYI, this is the response I received regarding not being able to start a fall 2021 application............

During testing of the application, some problems were discovered. The technical team is working to make corrections and we anticipate that the application will open later this week. As soon as the fall 2021 application is open, we will send another email message. You should not answer application questions, have your electronic transcripts sent or request references until the fall 2021 application is open.

In the meantime, we recommend that:

MSN and PMC applicants review the admission criteria: https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/admissions/MSN/index.php and the FAQs at https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/MSN/faq.php

DNP applicants review admission criteria: https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/admissions/DNP/admissions_req.php

My apologies for the inconvenience.

jbail113, CNA

Has 1 years experience.

2 hours ago, SunnyGirl321 said:

Just an FYI, this is the response I received regarding not being able to start a fall 2021 application............

During testing of the application, some problems were discovered. The technical team is working to make corrections and we anticipate that the application will open later this week. As soon as the fall 2021 application is open, we will send another email message. You should not answer application questions, have your electronic transcripts sent or request references until the fall 2021 application is open.

In the meantime, we recommend that:

MSN and PMC applicants review the admission criteria: https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/admissions/MSN/index.php and the FAQs at https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/MSN/faq.php

DNP applicants review admission criteria: https://nursing.vanderbilt.edu/admissions/DNP/admissions_req.php

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Okay, thank you for that update!

geenii

Has 3 years experience.

Hey guys,

Is there anyone who knows about modified distance learning format at the MSN program?

I currently live in CA and am wondering if I'm able to complete the program without relocating. I think students living out of state should come to the campus during the program. But can't find the details like how often & how long..

I've tried to get the info and the websites confuse me.

jbail113, CNA

Has 1 years experience.

1 hour ago, geenii said:

Hey guys,

Is there anyone who knows about modified distance learning format at the MSN program?

I currently live in CA and am wondering if I'm able to complete the program without relocating. I think students living out of state should come to the campus during the program. But can't find the details like how often & how long..

I've tried to get the info and the websites confuse me.

Try looking under the "educational formats" tab on the program specific MSN page. So for example, if you're applying to NNP, go the the NNP page and on the right there is the educational format tab.

geenii

Has 3 years experience.

4 hours ago, jbail113 said:

Try looking under the "educational formats" tab on the program specific MSN page. So for example, if you're applying to NNP, go the the NNP page and on the right there is the educational format tab.

Thank you! I'll try!