UTHealth Cizik Spring 2023 Pacesetter - BSN

Students School Programs

Published

You are reading page 3 of UTHealth Cizik Spring 2023 Pacesetter - BSN

Lexx27

11 Posts

1 hour ago, future_nurse0928 said:

We  have the same stats GPA wise. I took my HESI last week and got an 88 with a 96 in A&P. I’m retaking it this week since I want to have a good chance. But yea, literally everyone said it’s a Lottery system.🥲 I hope we get in!!😭 I don’t want all these basics I took to be for nothing because otherwise I’d have to start somewhere and just go for my ADN and then BSN, which is longer. I’m stressed 😩 

Ohh that’s good! And Yess it’s so stressful! I don’t want to be stuck in a limbo LOL
Do we have to wait a certain amount of days to retake the HESI? I’m thinking of retaking it but I thought we had to wait 60 days 😩

I thought so also, but in some places I saw it said you can retake it in 2 weeks. It let me reschedule, so IDK LOL. Unless they tell me I can’t, I’m going for it😅

Lexx27

11 Posts

30 minutes ago, future_nurse0928 said:

I thought so also, but in some places I saw it said you can retake it in 2 weeks. It let me reschedule, so IDK LOL. Unless they tell me I can’t, I’m going for it😅

Ohh awesome! Yess hopefully it does let you, good luck if u retake it, you got this!! 

Editorial Team / Admin

dianah, ASN

8 Articles; 4,141 Posts

Specializes in RETIRED Cath Lab/Cardiology/Radiology.

Just a reminder:

There are two approved ways to create a Terms of Service-approved special place for your cohort.

One: create a facebook page. This link may be posted.

Two: create a "club" for your cohort by clicking on the Breakroom link in the yellow bar to the left of this page. Then click on “Create A New Club” in the green bar at the top of the page, and follow instructions.

References to other than these two avenues will be moved from view, to comply with the Terms of Service.

Thank you.

Callmechi

21 Posts

Specializes in Nursing.
On 7/27/2022 at 7:08 PM, Trixie Adelaide said:

Hi, everyone!

I’m applying and crossing my fingers, though I know UTHealth is SUPER competitive!

I have a 3.95 GPA, 3.81 Science GPA. (Ugh- why did I have to take General Chemistry and not Intro!  >.<).

My HESI is scheduled for a few weeks from now, so I can update stats after that comes in.

Has anyone here applied under the Academic Fresh Start provision and know who to talk to about that?

Also- anyone who has taken the HESI for UTHealth know if we have access to the calculator or can use scratch paper for the math section?

Good luck, everyone!

Heyy I took my HESI this past weekend scored 97.14%. You can use a scratch paper and they provide you with a calculator on screen. Good LUCK!

 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:12 AM, Adrian Dominique said:

I’m sent my HESI transcript to them bc I took it with another school. Does anyone know how long it takes for the HESI to be removed from the to do list in the application portal?

If you call the registrar office and tell them that you've submitted it. They might be able to remove it from your to do list. 

1 hour ago, Callmechi said:

Heyy I took my HESI this past weekend scored 97.14%. You can use a scratch paper and they provide you with a calculator on screen. Good LUCK!

 

If you call the registrar office and tell them that you've submitted it. They might be able to remove it from your to do list. 

Hello, If you don't mind m e asking, what did you use to study for the HESI? 

Callmechi

21 Posts

Specializes in Nursing.

Hey, yea sure. I used ATI TEAS Pocket Prep practice questions, quizlets, and mometrix study guide 

Specializes in BSN Applicant.

I took my HESI last Saturday through the remote proctoring service and was not allowed to use the scratch paper and pencil I had prepared.  The proctor told me that I could use a 9 x 11 whiteboard, which I did not have.  There was an on-screen calculator and notepad I had access to.  I would definitely prepare both a scratch paper and whiteboard if anyone is taking the HESI remotely before the deadline- I have no idea what the actual rules are, but wish I had been prepared for both possibilities.

 

PS- still got a 96, so it wasn’t all bad, just a piece of bad news to start the test with!

15 minutes ago, Trixie Adelaide said:

I took my HESI last Saturday through the remote proctoring service and was not allowed to use the scratch paper and pencil I had prepared.  The proctor told me that I could use a 9 x 11 whiteboard, which I did not have.  There was an on-screen calculator and notepad I had access to.  I would definitely prepare both a scratch paper and whiteboard if anyone is taking the HESI remotely before the deadline- I have no idea what the actual rules are, but wish I had been prepared for both possibilities.

 

PS- still got a 96, so it wasn’t all bad, just a piece of bad news to start the test with!

Congrats!:)With everything I am seeing, I am starting to think my scores for my HESI won't be competitive enough for UT health. Im wondering if I should even try at this point... LOL

JustSurviving

35 Posts

Just now, future_nurse0928 said:

Congrats!:)With everything I am seeing, I am starting to think my scores for my HESI won't be competitive enough for UT health. Im wondering if I should even try at this point... LOL

Same LOL

Callmechi

21 Posts

Specializes in Nursing.

Do you guys want to create a fb groupchat or a groupme?

1 hour ago, Callmechi said:

Do you guys want to create a fb groupchat or a groupme?

Sure! That be great so we can all stay updated with our apps:)

+ Add a Comment

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X