UPenn MSN NP 2021

Posted

You are reading page 2 of UPenn MSN NP 2021. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Specializes in NICU. Has 11 years experience.

It seems they are going out this week. My app got updated.

NICURNSF

Specializes in NICU. Has 11 years experience.

Is anyone doing to the Neonatal NP Program? It's such a small program that we got our acceptances in November just wondering if there's any other NNP students out there...

RNELV

Specializes in CVICU. Has 4 years experience.

Hi everyone! I applied to the AGAC NP Program. I'm hoping we'll hear back by tomorrow or latest next week. The anticipation is killing me. Good luck to everyone who applied! 

Do most people live in philly while completing these programs at Penn?  Logistically is it a nightmare to be about 30/40 minutes outside of the city (in terms of parking at campus, clinical in the city, etc.)?

I currently live in jersey and going to penn. Because of virtual learning, I can do that. But once we have in person classes, I will be commuting. 

1 hour ago, BellaNoor said:

I currently live in jersey and going to penn. Because of virtual learning, I can do that. But once we have in person classes, I will be commuting. 

Has it been announced when classes/labs will resume in person?  I am trying to determine when and where to move to be closer to philly (I currently live about two hours away). 

Phillynurse24

Has 4 years experience.

I interviewed for Peds Acute care and it sounds like we won't be hearing anything until at least mid-March. My application has said "materials received" the whole time, so maybe they don't change that. 

Courtney Miller, BSN, RN

Specializes in Pediatric Hem/Onc & Ped Palliative Care. Has 7 years experience.

17 hours ago, Phillynurse24 said:

I interviewed for Peds Acute care and it sounds like we won't be hearing anything until at least mid-March. My application has said "materials received" the whole time, so maybe they don't change that. 

Did you apply for a specific peds acute care concentration? 

Phillynurse24

Has 4 years experience.

5 hours ago, Courtney Miller said:

Did you apply for a specific peds acute care concentration? 

I did oncology! 

RNELV

Specializes in CVICU. Has 4 years experience.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:31 AM, meg.lynn said:

Has it been announced when classes/labs will resume in person?  I am trying to determine when and where to move to be closer to philly (I currently live about two hours away). 

I tried to ask them during the interview and they weren't able to tell me definitive plans; things change so quickly in light of COVID. They told me all lectures are online with sim labs and clinicals in person, but they've been actively vaccinating all students now. It is kind of frustrating because I will have to move from far as well, so it'd be nice to know. I'll reach out to one of the advisors and keep you in the loop though!

Bepositive2024, BSN, RN

Specializes in Oncology. Has 18 years experience.

I am Planning to apply to FNP.  Is UPENN waiving GRE requirement?

Fnphope2021

Has 2 years experience.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:32 PM, Bepositive2024 said:

I am Planning to apply to FNP.  Is UPENN waiving GRE requirement?

Yup! For GPA 3.2 and up