Jump to content

University of Florida DNP Fall 2021

Posted

Specializes in NICU, PICU, CCRN. Has 2 years experience.

Hello there! I just wanted to start this thread to see if there were any people applying to the University of Florida for next fall for their nurse practitioner program? I am applying to the BSN to DNP specialty in Pediatric Acute Care. Anyone know how the current pandemic might affect the application process? Any current students that might want to share their experiences with application process, and the current state of the program? Thank you all in advanced, looking forward to hearing from you all and starting this journey.

TexasBSN.RN

Specializes in future Nurse Practitioner. Has 25 years experience.

Hello! I will be applying to UF's primary care nurse practitioner progam for Fall 2021 🙂

TinyNurse18, BSN, RN

Specializes in NICU, PICU, CCRN. Has 2 years experience.

6 minutes ago, TexasBSN.RN said:

Hello! I will be applying to UF's primary care nurse practitioner progam for Fall 2021 🙂

Hello @TexasBSN.RN welcome to the forum! So glad to hear from someone else applying to the pediatric NP route! 

TexasBSN.RN

Specializes in future Nurse Practitioner. Has 25 years experience.

I am super nervous about applying!  I am not sure what they look for during the admissions process.  

TinyNurse18, BSN, RN

Specializes in NICU, PICU, CCRN. Has 2 years experience.

11 minutes ago, TexasBSN.RN said:

I am super nervous about applying!  I am not sure what they look for during the admissions process.  

From what I can see from the website, it's going to be GPA, experience, letters of recommendation and an interview! The GRE requirement is being waived due to COVID. 

TexasBSN.RN

Specializes in future Nurse Practitioner. Has 25 years experience.

Eeeek!  An interview!  😄  Do you know what GPA's they look for and when they send out letters?  There is not much information on allnurses.  

aseeli0s, BSN

Specializes in NICU, CCRN.

Hi! I too am applying for UF DNP - Family program for fall 2021! Working on my personal statement then hopefully will submit my application! 

TexasBSN.RN

Specializes in future Nurse Practitioner. Has 25 years experience.

22 hours ago, aseeli0s said:

Hi! I too am applying for UF DNP - Family program for fall 2021! Working on my personal statement then hopefully will submit my application! 

That is so great!  I am so excited!  I am applying for the primary pediatric nurse practitioner program!  

picurn9

Specializes in PICU. Has 4 years experience.

Hi! I am also planning to apply for the BSN to DNP in the acute pediatric track. Honestly a little nervous, was going to wait another year but I thought might as well give it a shot for this fall 2021 and see! I am a PICU nurse with 3 years experience, I have done travel nursing as well. My GPA is not stellar but average, hoping my experience and interview help me out!

TexasBSN.RN

Specializes in future Nurse Practitioner. Has 25 years experience.

2 minutes ago, picurn9 said:

Hi! I am also planning to apply for the BSN to DNP in the acute pediatric track. Honestly a little nervous, was going to wait another year but I thought might as well give it a shot for this fall 2021 and see! I am a PICU nurse with 3 years experience, I have done travel nursing as well. My GPA is not stellar but average, hoping my experience and interview help me out!

Welcome to the group!  I am glad we are finding each other so we can support each other!  

picurn9

Specializes in PICU. Has 4 years experience.

Hi guys! Happy thanksgiving... quick question, do you all know who has to write our letters of recommendation? I can't find that info before starting the application and was wondering ,thanks!

Nurse Fi, ADN, BSN, LVN, RN

Specializes in Telemetry, PCCN. Has 7 years experience.

Is anyone else not able to complete the nursing cas app yet? Im having a hard time finding the program on the website ? 

Acrews09

Specializes in 10 years ER/ 4 years RN consultant. Has 12 years experience.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:01 AM, picurn9 said:

Hi guys! Happy thanksgiving... quick question, do you all know who has to write our letters of recommendation? I can't find that info before starting the application and was wondering ,thanks!

I saw on nursing CAS it said 2 professional letters and one academic letter. 

Applying for BSN-DNP Family! So glad I found this thread! 

Tiffany Evans, BSN, RN

Specializes in CCRN. Has 4 years experience.

Anyone nervous about decisions or thinking they should have applied to a different specialty ? I was going back and forth between the AG-ACNP and FNP.

Nurse Fi, ADN, BSN, LVN, RN

Specializes in Telemetry, PCCN. Has 7 years experience.

1 minute ago, Tiffany Evans said:

Anyone nervous about decisions or thinking they should have applied to a different specialty ? I was going back and forth between the AG-ACNP and FNP.

Yes I’m definitely nervous! I feel like FNP Is so competitive, I’m hoping my stats, and personal statement will make up for my experience? I feel like my exp  and accomplishments are lacking compared to others....I’m applying to a AGNP MSN program at another school as backup ...but UF is obviously my first choice 

Tiffany Evans, BSN, RN

Specializes in CCRN. Has 4 years experience.

You think the FNP is more competitive than AG ACNP?

Nurse Fi, ADN, BSN, LVN, RN

Specializes in Telemetry, PCCN. Has 7 years experience.

2 minutes ago, Tiffany Evans said:

You think the FNP is more competitive than AG ACNP?

That’s what I’m hearing ? I don’t have quantitative data to support that but I believe FNP is more sought after because you have broader range of job opportunities?
 

On the flip side I’m hearing the  other specialties  are probably easier to find a job post graduation  since they’re less saturated and probably pay more  early on versus FNP

either way both are great choices depending on your goals. I know for a fact agacnp requires ICU exp, so that might narrow down the pool of qualified applicants