Falsely accused of diverting

  1. I had a Pt accuse me of diverting his morphine because he didn't like me mixing his morphine in NS before administering them, and also because I won't push it fast and flush it fast( he is receiving IVF). SCBON has been notified (not sure if by Pt or hospital) so I am now being investigated by the nursing board, the hospital, and have to register with SCRPP. Drug test will come back negative. Was told that the investigation(BON) was going to look 2yrs back both personal and professional life. Have not been Rx narcs sine 2009, so I am sure that the investigations will come back on my favor, but can/will the hospital terminate me anyway?
  2. Visit AutomanRN profile page

    About AutomanRN, ADN, RN

    Joined: May '13; Posts: 4; Likes: 4
    Floor RN; from US
    Specialty: 2 year(s) of experience


  3. by   AutomanRN
    I have since been cleared by the hospital, but still being investigated by the BON and mandatory drug/ETOH assessment. Had interview with SCRPP which lead to a hair falical drug test $125, then sent me over 50miles away for the drug/ETOH assessment which at this point no one has told me how much it will cost, and when asked just said depends/not sure. Guilty till proven innocent. Had anyone been through this?
    Last edit by AutomanRN on Oct 6, '16
  4. by   Esme12

    Unbelievable. This is getting pout of hand. Do you have malpractice insurance? I would NOT go in front of the BON without a lawyer. They are not your friend.

    It is inconceivable to me that anyone reported you to the board. I am so sorry. Get a lawyer...this is a serious reflection of your character.
  5. by   LadysSolo
    I agree. The BON is not your friend. Anyone can report anything they want, and you are guilty until proven innocent. And (depending on your state, I believe) you are not allowed to go after your accuser. I don't know (ask your attorney) if you could try for civil charges against your (false and vindictive) accuser.