one week two RN jobs two states

Specialties Travel

Published

Hi,

Do you think it's possible to work two jobs in two states in one week? Example I have a job in New York and have a job in California. One job (regular job) is 12 hour night shift and a minimum of three shifts must be completed. The other job is 8 hours.

Not unless you are superwoman. You will be jet lagged and paying the cost of air fare.

It should not be difficult to get overtime at one of those jobs, or at least get the second job much closer.

Specializes in ICU, CVICU, E.R..

I'm planning the same thing. Working in California, and down here in Texas. Tomorrow I'll be calling a travel agent that 2 of my colleagues have used. I would be like to work 6 days straight from Thursday-Friday-Sat-Sun-Monday-Tues in California, and have 8 days off to work Part time Agency maybe 1-3 shifts.

Thanks. You'll be using a travel agent to book flights? Please refer Have your colleagues also done this kinda work setup I.e. in two different states?

I am looking to do this as well. Stack some shifts while working in California.

I do have a coworker that lives in Texas. She does 6 shifts in a row and then flies back to Texas for about a week and then returns to Nevada. She works part time in Texas and full time here in Nevada. Sometimes she gets overtime if she adds an extra shift. She's been doing this several years.

It is possible but difficult. I tried to work in Nevada and New York last summer, but coordinating the schedules along with flights became a hassle. I was late a bunch of times, a missed a few flights and had to call in a few times, and also I flew across the country just to be cancelled a few times. It all became too much. I actually ended up losing one of the jobs for excessive call ins. I'll never do that again. Now I work in California and Nevada. It's a 4 hour drive which is still a bit much but it's easier than a flight. The only downfall is that I somehow put myself on to work 15 days in a row between the two jobs. It's only temporary though. But I know nurses who do that full time!

Now I work in California and Nevada. It's a 4 hour drive which is still a bit much but it's easier than a flight. The only downfall is that I somehow put myself on to work 15 days in a row between the two jobs. It's only temporary though. But I know nurses who do that full time!

Perfection why do you work in both states? I work in Las Vegas and know the local pay rates. They're pretty good. I keep wondering about getting another job in Cali too. How's it going?

+ Add a Comment