First time changing his dressing!

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

Have a g-tube student, and since last year, never had to change his dressing around the button.

Did it today and did it well! He's okay and he went happily back to class. His mother knew and I let her know after I finished, just in case, I did mess up and she can come by to fix it for me. But I think it went well.

Specializes in School Nursing, Ambulatory Care, etc..

Good job, Amethya!

It always feels good when you do something well - especially something you don't do often or ever! :)

Ugh, I initially misread your title and first sentence as "the student had never had his dressing changed since last year," and I almost gagged a bit (reading the stories on the SN forum, that would not completely surprise me). :barf02:

But seeing as that is not the case, congrats!! It's always super exciting to have those 'firsts,' and they seem so much less intimidating the next time around. *High five*

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.
Ugh, I initially misread your title and first sentence as "the student had never had his dressing changed since last year," and I almost gagged a bit (reading the stories on the SN forum, that would not completely surprise me). :barf02:

But seeing as that is not the case, congrats!! It's always super exciting to have those 'firsts,' and they seem so much less intimidating the next time around. *High five*

LMAO, nah his mom is very on point with these things.

He was a trooper and was even guiding me. He's only in 1st, but very good on what he needs.

Thanks!

+ Add a Comment