Dr Google scares me

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Many of our patients consult with Dr Google. So do I. He scares the daylights out of me sometimes.

How is Dr Google helping or hurting healthcare today?

I have sooooo many stories, courtesy of Dr. Google.

I've had family try to stop us from suctioning vented pts because Google said it was bad, even though you could hear the mucus building up

We once were giving scheduled Ativan q4 to a pt that was clinically brain dead because the family read that it could reverse it and doctor went with it for about a week.

*sigh*

Dr. Google says:

​"Whom should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition. When in doubt, try this simple trick: If you can replace the word with "he"' or "'she," use who. If you can replace it with "him" or "her," use whom."

attachment.php?attachmentid=27705&stc=1

I'm sorry, Dr. Google is once again, wrong. I'm with middleaged.

You have to know how to feel Dr. Google out, if you want him to work for you. Just sayin'.

Dr. Google responds best to experience.

He's so coy.

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
You have to know how to feel Dr. Google out

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27710[/ATTACH]

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27711[/ATTACH]

Specializes in ER.

I have had no problem with it. Patients have an idea of what questions to ask, so I get more information on where they are at.

I always warn them that if they spend enough time on google everything is cancer and deadly, so use it for information or anatomy, but don't ever take it seriously enough to worry until you talk to a real life doc.

+ Add a Comment