School Health Aide

Specialties School

Published

Hey ya'll!

If any of you have experience working with a School Health Aide, please let me know. I don't want to make public too many details but I have some questions.

Thank you!

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.
We have a few here. Amethya comes to mind. At first I was a little hard on her, but she asks so many questions and knows what she doesn't know...I can say she is a real pleasure to "work" with.

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.
Her role is what you delegate, and what she's comfortable with. Are you experiencing the "the other nurse did it XX way"? That's expected.

Let her do stuff!! Teach her how to take vitals if you're comfortable with that. My aide did a lot of the handing out band aids and sanitary pads and initial temp taking and I miss that SO much now!!!

Basically this. We are here to help you out with what you need us to do. If you HA doesn't know certain skills, teach her! I love when people teach me new skills. It works in their favor and mine!

Also tell her to ask you questions if something she doesn't know, knowledge is power!

Let her take vitals and give out simple things and anything that needs check from you, that's on you.

+ Add a Comment