Work From Home Nursing

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hello, I was hoping to inquire with those that have some experience in the field of work from home nursing. I am aware there are a variety of opportunities such as case manager, consultant, and many others. However, I was curious on many other topics relating to this. I am a fairly new nurse with two years of experience. One year on a cardiopulmonary open heart unit, and another on a psychiatric lockdown unit. If anyone can answer me some questions I'd be greatly appreciative.

1.) What does the pay look like compared to a floor nurse job?

2.) How does clocking in and out look? Are your actions monitored while on the computer?

3.) What companies would you suggest avoiding and why?

4.) What is the stress load like as far as chaos?

5.) Is there opportunity for advancement in superiority?

If there is any other information you feel that I left out, do not be afraid to include it! I have always been a home-body and working from home is something I've always felt I could excel at, given the opportunity. Thank you!

You will find many threads about working from home here on AN.

The pay is comparable. I clocked in via online Kronos. Every key stroke you make is monitored for internal security and productivity purposes. I would not avoid any company that will hire you, gotta get your foot in THAT door.

The level of chaos, depends on what position you find, you will be busy and held to high company standards, but you will be doing it in your jammies.

Plenty of opportunities for advancement, but you will probably lose much of your at home time.

Good luck.

You will find many threads about working from home here on AN.

The pay is comparable. I clocked in via online Kronos. Every key stroke you make is monitored for internal security and productivity purposes. I would not avoid any company that will hire you, gotta get your foot in THAT door.

The level of chaos, depends on what position you find, you will be busy and held to high company standards, but you will be doing it in your jammies.

Plenty of opportunities for advancement, but you will probably lose much of your at home time.

Good luck.

May I ask what your personal thoughts of the job were? Not set in stone yet, trying to properly weigh everything.

+ Add a Comment