CVRN CERTIFICATION

Specialties Cardiac

Published

Okay, I want to know how to get my CVRN. I would like to obtain this certification. I am just a little confused. Do I get it through ANCC? Do I need CES before? Then I find there is a level one and two. Help!

Specializes in CTICU.

I'm really not sure about this and am actually logging in for some other people's feedback on the certification. CVRN is through ABCM, but I don't see that the CVRN credentials are recognized by ANCC on the ABCM website. Through ANCC you can get your RN-BC in CV nursing, but I don't know the difference between CVRN and RN-BC or which is more widely accepted as a certification. For CVRN, you have to submit an application to be approved to take the exam on the ABCM website. Once you get the approval, you pay the exam fee and schedule a date. I don't think you need CEs for initial certification, but you will need around 30 for re-certification (Don't quote me, I think I read this on the ABCM site).

Regarding level I and level II CVRN, they describe it as acute and non-acute, but I think a more accurate description would be critical and non-critical. Level I is for PCU, tele etc ("non-acute") whereas level II is like CTICU, CCU ("acute") etc.

After a year or so you can earn PCCN or CCRN and then your CSC or CMC, but I was looking for something that I can earn sooner and would love to hear what other people think. I currently work on cardiac tele.

Specializes in ER & ICU.

ABCM has a review course and I have heard great things about it. I am currently waiting to hear back on my approval to test so I can purchase the study program and test.

If you complete the study course you get 12 CEs

I am including the link so you can see the information straight from ABCM.

https://www.abcmcertification.com/cvrn-course.html

+ Add a Comment