U.K. Nursing - CBT test

World Registration

Published

Specializes in Emergency Nursing in USA and UK.

Hey,

I'm a nurse in the U.S. working on getting licensed in the U.K. and I'm currently studying for the CBT test.

Does anyone who has taken it have any recommendations about the content, what to study, how long to study, tips, etc. for taking this test? The content I've reviewed so far seems deceptively simple, and there aren't a lot of resources out there.

Thanks,

Kaitlyn

Hi Kaitlyn,

I am from Canada, looking to get licensed in the UK also. I am from there originally, I have dual citizenship, so all I need to do is get my nursing license and then I'll be good to move back permanently. Have you found any resources? I am struggling also...

My email is [email protected], would be nice to have a buddy through all this if you want to keep in touch!

Hey,

I'm a nurse in the U.S. working on getting licensed in the U.K. and I'm currently studying for the CBT test.

Does anyone who has taken it have any recommendations about the content, what to study, how long to study, tips, etc. for taking this test? The content I've reviewed so far seems deceptively simple, and there aren't a lot of resources out there.

Thanks,

Kaitlyn

Hi Kaitlyn!

Have you taken the CBT yet? If not, what resource materials are you using for study? I took the exam last June 6 and thank God I passed it. I just used the Royal Marsden Book. Everything is in there and yes, it's rather simple compared to NCLEX. UK CBT is more focused on patient safety and aseptic technique rather than theories and disease processes. I studied full time for two weeks (my eyes and brain were overloaded!). Same with NCLEX, do not overthink. Take what's in the book as it is. You need not worry, during the exam you will have enough time to think about and review your answers. CBT is for 4 hours with 120 questions. I finished mine in 1 hour and 45 mins. Got the results an hour after.

:)

Specializes in Emergency Nursing in USA and UK.

Hey guys!

I keep getting notified about this thread! Just to update, I did pass my CBT on the first try. I used the Royal Marsden Manual as discussed above and it was very helpful. Again, as above mentioned, do not overthink it.

I am now currently licensed to practice in the UK as a nurse; I work in a hospital and went for the adult nursing licensure. If anyone has any questions, feel free to shoot me a message as I'd be happy to provide as much help and advice as I can about CBT, OSCE, licensing in the UK, etc.

Please note I am a USA prepared RN and can only provide advice to other USA RNs looking to work in the UK as an RN.

+ Add a Comment