Navicent Health/Children's Hospital

Nurses Career Support

Published

Specializes in NICU/PICU.

Hey y'all!

So I recently accepted a position in Macon, GA at Navicent Health's Children's Hospital in their Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I am so excited for the opportunity to start in a neonatal field as a new grad. I was hoping for neonates or pediatrics. I had originally applied to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, but I applied in the beginning of April and they are STILL going through applications (I had a friend get a job there just yesterday) and I need a job by graduation next month, so I'm taking the Macon job and maybe 5 or so years from now if I still want Atlanta, I can apply again.

The only downside is, I currently do not know much about Navicent Health or Macon, GA. I have some distant family living there that has given me some advice about where to live and I've googled a lot of things. I've even been there in Macon a couple of times in the past years, but I'm still not super familiar with it. I was wondering if anyone on here is familiar with Navicent Health Hospital, particularly the children's hospital they have? The nurses I had my staff interview with seemed super nice and funny but they are day shift and I'm going to be on nights.

If you know anything about this hospital or just Macon, GA in general please let me know!!

Hi,

I just recently accepted a position at Navicent Health in their NICU and I will be on night shift too once I'm off orientation. Could you tell me or private message me what your experience was like. I'll be moving especially for this job to Macon where I don't know anyone. What part of Macon is safe to live? I've been researching but I'd appreciate any input you may have! ?

Thank you so much! 

+ Add a Comment