Transferring in 3rd semester?

Nursing Students General Students

Published

1. Should I transfer?

Yes, transfer
      No, do not

2 members have participated

Hi, I'm currently attending a community college in Tallahassee (TCC) and I am thinking about transferring to a community college in Jacksonville (FSCJ) due to family and money reasons. My parents could really use me moving to jacksonville as they are paying for my apartment and want to retire and need to sell it, my sister lives in jacksonville and will let me move in with her and her boyfriend for 300 a month, whereas in tallahassee I'll have to pay around 400-600 for a decent place. TCC has a passing rate of 66% but an nclex passing rate of 96%, fscj has a passing rate of 83% and an NCLEX passing rate of 81%, so its a stark difference. My first semester I got a 92% and a 96% on the HESI, so I think I have a good chance of getting in during my third semester, please let me know any advice or thoughts you have on the matter.

To transfer or not to transfer?

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

The questions is not really SHOULD you transfer but CAN you transfer? Unless these two schools are part of the same system, it is unlikely you would be able to transfer without starting over. Have you investigated this yet? And do you have assurance that you are not only eligible to transfer but there is space for you?

Important considerations!

I spoke with someone this week and they told me that there is usually a few spaces open and I would be able to transfer without starting over.

Did you speak with someone in the admissions office? Or someone in the school of nursing after they evaluated your transcripts and have determined that your previous nursing coursework is acceptable? And will meet all nursing course requirement up to your entry into the nursing program? And, will your application be processed in a timely manner such that you won't have to sit out one, or more, semesters? If so, and as meanmaryjean suggested this would be very unusual, then there would be no harm in applying for admission as a transfer student.

Best wishes as you move forward with your education.

I say to get a transcript evaluation first!

+ Add a Comment