Published

1. How often do you get a raise?

Yearly
      Every 2 to 3 years
      Every 3 to 5 years
      When you find a new job
      Never

48 members have participated

So I'm just curious how many of you guys get raises? I work in a hospital network that is well known throughout the state as paying their nurses well compaired to others. I also generally get a yearly raise with my performance appraisal. Last year I got about $1.27 raise and this year was roughly $.80. We also get a team pay bonus each year that is anywhere from $500-$800. After being part of this forum for many years I'm starting to feel like this is not normal.

Specializes in NICU.

Depends on the union contract one has negotiated combined with picketing,threat of strike.This is why nurse should learn to stick together and support each other,even the ones you do not care for.There is power in unity.And increased patient safety.

No one gives you a good raise or benefit because they like you and think you are so sweet and nice.

Yep.

We get what our Union is able to negotiate for us. In recent years this has been 2 or 3% yearly. With some small increases in shift differentials.

Specializes in ICU.
Depends on the union contract one has negotiated combined with picketing,threat of strike.This is why nurse should learn to stick together and support each other,even the ones you do not care for.There is power in unity.And increased patient safety.

No one gives you a good raise or benefit because they like you and think you are so sweet and nice.

I've worked non-union and union jobs. I definitely got paid more and got annual step increases (raises everybody got for now having another year of experience) and cost of living adjustments at the union job versus a much lower base pay and annual raises tied to my performance evaluation (so very subjective and management could be accused of favoritism.) If you were at the top of the step scale, you'd still get the COLA and would get any further steps that were added to the next nursing union/hospital contract.

However, depending on the political climate of the state and whether it's a right-to-work state, unionizing and striking are not a possibility for everybody. I think that's important to keep in mind as I hear coworkers who've only worked union jobs before blame out-of-state nurses for their poor pay and work conditions because they "just need a better union."

Well we get raises yearly based off of an annual eval. It's usually no more than $0.50

+ Add a Comment