Military Medic to LPN/NCLEX-PN study guides

Nursing Students LPN/LVN Students

Published

I am an active duty Air Force NREMT Paramedic who is trying to test for the California LPN test. Has anyone on here done this? Were their any challenges?

What are some of the best NCLEX-PN study guides out there?

Also, I have attached the information if there is any other military medics out there that would like to try for their LPN.

Cali LPN.pdf

Please just be aware that this is valid only in the state of California and you will not be able to move to another state and continue working.

I already talked to Nevada, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Texas BON and they all told me that as long as I have an active LPN license in Cali then I can transfer it to their state no problem, it's just a matter of paperwork and money. I won't have to retest to get their state license. I have also talked to nursing schools in Nevada and Utah and they said they will recognize Cali's LPN for advance standing for their RN programs. I know the license will be good. I was just trying to find other military medics out there and see what others have used to study for the NCLEX-PN.

Hey, I am an AD 4N as well. I am taking my NCLEX through Missouri's new program (which is awesome) and am scheduled for July. They recognize BMTCP as a school so applying is basically like applying out of a tradional LPN program. You can also transfer your license to Florida if you wanted. I am using the COOL to pay for a Kaplan course in case you haven't already taken it you could do that as well! If you have taken the exam- how did you do? Did you feel well prepared with the training we are given? If not, good luck!

I sent you a PM on this site. I've never sent one before so if you don't get it please let me know and I'll try to find you on the Global tomorrow. I would like to buddy up during this process because we're in the same boat and there's not many of us.

+ Add a Comment