End of year

Specialties School

Published

For those of you not drowning beneath all of the field day scrapes and bruises, how do you prepare for end of year?

I feel like I should be doing something.

Last year I busy to till the very end. This year I am so caught up that I'm looking at allnurses threads all day. I finished sending letters for med pick up and med orders. End of the year stats are almost done. Supply orders are done. Teacher packets for next year done. 12th grade files are all stored in boxes and ready to be put in storage. I don't have to do much cleaning up because my high school will be used for summer school.

Specializes in School Nurse.

My last item is shredding anything with a student name on it - my worksheets for hearing & vision, nurse passes, alerts & conditions for field trips anything tha is not required to be stored for the required years. Gather the paperwork that needs to be kept per state law, box and put in storage.

Specializes in CPN.
I'm drowning. :(

I'm horrible in organizing myself and right now I need to fix up my files and paperwork because I didn't file during the year. I have to clean my room and send letters for parents.

But that's it.

I'm great at organizing, but also really excellent at procrastinating. Don't drown!!!

Specializes in School Nurse.

I make a list of all the students that have things in the clinic (meds, insulin/bg meters, inhalers, etc...) and send notes home reminding them to come get them at the end of the year. I am not paid for any days that students are not in the building, so it's really imperative they pick these things up before school lets out (if possible) or the last day. I usually end up coming in on my own to handle a straggler.

I don't mind throwing out the last of a vial of tablets or insulin, but the meters and some of the other stuff I feel bad if they don't retrieve.

+ Add a Comment