Long interview and waiting to go back

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in 25 years NICU 5 years Telephone Triage.

Is it the norm these days to have a long interview with a panel of people? I am waiting to hear back to go in a second time to meet more potential co-workers. Sitting on pins and needles waiting for the call. I've been a nurse for 28 years and the three interviews I have had I was always hired during the interview. This interview was over an hour long, but my friends say this is a good sign because I was being introduced to a lot of people in the department I would be working for. has anyone else experienced this 2-part interview process?

Is it the norm these days to have a long interview with a panel of people? I am waiting to hear back to go in a second time to meet more potential co-workers. Sitting on pins and needles waiting for the call. I've been a nurse for 28 years and the three interviews I have had I was always hired during the interview. This interview was over an hour long, but my friends say this is a good sign because I was being introduced to a lot of people in the department I would be working for. has anyone else experienced this 2-part interview process?

I was once told that peer interviews help prevent the staff from "attacking" newcomers. It makes them feel as if they hired you, so they're more likely to help you be successful. I'm not sure how true that it, but it sounded plausible to me.

Specializes in Trauma ICU.

Peer interviews....I've been on both sides of that.

When I was the one interviewing, the manager always came by afterwards and asked my opinion on how I felt the candidate would fit in on the unit. For the most part, management always went with the staffs recommendation on hire/do not hire. I can only think of one instance where they hired when staff had said not to. And that individual ended up being let go during orientation.

On the other side of peer interview, it gives you a chance to see the unit, and ask questions about day to day flow. Try to have good questions ready. I always feel like peer interviews are me interviewing them as well as them interviewing me. They are thinking "do I want this person on my team" and I am thinking "do I want to be a part of this team".

Peer interviews....I've been on both sides of that.

When I was the one interviewing, the manager always came by afterwards and asked my opinion on how I felt the candidate would fit in on the unit. For the most part, management always went with the staffs recommendation on hire/do not hire. I can only think of one instance where they hired when staff had said not to. And that individual ended up being let go during orientation.

On the other side of peer interview, it gives you a chance to see the unit, and ask questions about day to day flow. Try to have good questions ready. I always feel like peer interviews are me interviewing them as well as them interviewing me. They are thinking "do I want this person on my team" and I am thinking "do I want to be a part of this team".

So is the point of having me come back a second time so the staff can all talk together and see if they want me? She also wants me to come back to meet other staff. The waiting is very difficult. I want a dofferent job so badly.

Can someone please let me know if this is common to have a 2 part interview? That's what i really want to know. Hoe many of you have had 2 interviews?

+ Add a Comment