Compensation fair or not?

Specialties Educators

Published

Hello nurse educators,

I have applied for an online adjunct position in a state owned baccalaureate program. The announcement says instructors will be paid a figure slightly above $2000 per semester, per 3 credit hour course. To me this seems to be on the low side. What do you say?

Specializes in EMS, ED, Trauma, CEN, CPEN, TCRN.
When I started off as a face to face adjunct, I made a little over double that figure. That is the reason I asked. I will probably take this opportunity, firstly, to get online teaching experience, secondly, as part of my retirement/disability/unemployment/old age plan. Something to keep me gainfully employed when I cannot do 12 hour clinical shifts or labs with my students.

For the online experience factor, it might be worth it. I teach online and make quite a bit more than that in an 8-week session. It's my future full-time job goal as well, when I can afford to not work full-time (or if my health declines any further, lol) and when I do not have to be the sole provider or provider of benefits! Come on, 2023! Haha. I have been offered the opportunity to simultaneously teach a second class in the late fall, but I have returned to school and probably won't want to do that quite yet!

+ Add a Comment