What is it like working as NP in GA? Salary expectations??

Specialties NP

Published

Specializes in Critical Care.

I am an FNP with a year and a half experience that is considering moving from the East coast to Georgia within the next 6 months. I am reaching out to NPs with experience working in Georgia who can provide some feedback on what it is like working as an NP in Georgia.

I understand that Georgia is a restricted practice state for NPs. How do these restrictions affect your practice? Do you feel respected? Do you have autonomy? What are the salary expectations in GA?

Does anyone have experience working at Emory, Wellstar, or Piedmont? Are FNPs allowed to work in ICU settings or speciality areas? What are the salaries offered and do you have work-life balance etc?

I have been applying for jobs for 2 months but no response. Please pass on contact info of any local APRN recruiters (full-time permanent placement) Thanks for your feedback

Specializes in Critical Care, Peri-Op, Aesthetics.

Ran into this post hoping to find answers, but you have no replies smh.

I'm an RN in GA and starting FNP school this November.. Did you end up finding a job? If so, what do you do now?

Specializes in NP, ICU, ED, Pre-op.

Georgia is a very "who you know" state..... at least in Atlanta. Pay is all over the place. Also many hospitals are transitioning and requiring Acute Care to be in the hospital.

Bobbi

I am an FNP with a year and a half experience that is considering moving from the East coast to Georgia within the next 6 months. I am reaching out to NPs with experience working in Georgia who can provide some feedback on what it is like working as an NP in Georgia.

I understand that Georgia is a restricted practice state for NPs. How do these restrictions affect your practice? Do you feel respected? Do you have autonomy? What are the salary expectations in GA?

Does anyone have experience working at Emory, Wellstar, or Piedmont? Are FNPs allowed to work in ICU settings or speciality areas? What are the salaries offered and do you have work-life balance etc?

I have been applying for jobs for 2 months but no response. Please pass on contact info of any local APRN recruiters (full-time permanent placement) Thanks for your feedback

Emory hasn't allowed FNPs in the ICU for several years. They may still hire a few for speciality groups but that's being discouraged. They do have primary care positions.

@ZenNurse2016 What route did you end up taking?

+ Add a Comment