Universal Deathcare.

Nurses General Nursing

Published

So those that support Universal Healthcare and how great it is care to explain to us how it was great for Alfie Evans? Hopefully not coming soon to the America near you.

Specializes in OR, Nursing Professional Development.
Thats the thing...I have been here a hell of a lit linger than you have. I was one of the first 1000 members here when this started. I survived the great purge of 15 years ago when even the word Heather was enough to get you banned. I dont hve to prove myself to you or anyone else for that matter. I can have my personal held beliefs despite your demand for "science and evidence". So call me a troll if you want, see being a conservtive wirds dont hurt me.

Length of time on a message board does not an expert make.

Also, purge of 15 years ago? That would be 2003. You joined in 2006 with your account. Are you saying you have more than one or are able to time travel?

As for the matter of the original post, there is nothing about this that is "death care". It's about what was in the best interests of the patient. So many of the sources on the internet are from armchair quarterbacks- they are not medical professionals. Want something reliable? Where's the court records? I'm sure there's plenty of evidence there that is scientifically based and not twisted like so many opinion pieces/"articles" by those with no medical education.

Specializes in Mental Health, Gerontology, Palliative.
But what's the point of posting on a discussion board if you are unwilling to, you know, discuss.

So people people can be wowed with your wisdom.

I find it disingenuous that someone who claims to have lived in a country with universal healthcare can write an opening post like the one they have

Specializes in Advanced Practice, surgery.

I've found this whole thread refreshing and very enlightening. I can't imagine living without Universal. Healthcare and I am often intrigued at those who advocate against it.

What is refreshing is that the debate on this thread has actually been about the ethics of the decision making and who has made that decision rather than demonisng UHC (although I appreciate there are some who still believe the "death panels" exists)

Excellent thread and discussion.

+ Add a Comment